Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
ricster52

Channel Layout

by ricster52 on ‎05-10-2012 02:59 PM

Just switched over from Directv and I find the Channel layout for FIOS much more confusing and frustrating. The Directv channels eliminate the duplicate Std and HD channels (you can select what you want) and the channels are grouped in a much more intuitive order. Are there plans to update the FIO channel layout.

Comments
by Silver Contributor III on ‎05-10-2012 05:10 PM

Would help if you were a bit more specific on what you want to be intuitive.

Makes sense to me.

There have been requests for people to be able to set their own order.

Would make it hard for tech support to troubleshoot if people contact them and say my channel xxx isn't working.

How would they know what channel that is for you?

by AirAmerica on ‎05-16-2012 01:23 PM

Being intuitive says that FIOS needs to place all the premium channels in one grouping not separated into two (2) different sections as they now are.  Also all the local channels need to be grouped in numerical order - currently here in Los Angeles the local channels are 2,4,5,7,9,11,13 followed by the local PBS channels - FIOS places some of the PBS channels in-between the local channel listings which is not intuitive.  DIRECTV is vastly superior in the way they list stations both local, premium & the ability to choose what you want on your favorites etc., also their DVR's HD signals are shown on the front of the unit 1080p, 1080i etc., plus their DVR remotes are extremely more user intuitive/friendly.  When you want to bypass commericals DIRECTV's bypass speeds are 1,2,3,4, etc., not 2xx,4xx,6xx & 8xx & DIRECTV's remotes respond much faster, cleaner etc.  Also AT&T & DISH now offer DVR's that record 4 programs at once not 2 like FIOS & DIRECTV.  Plus DISH gives the customer the option of bypassing the commericals completely (customer programs the DVR) so on replay when the commerical's comes on you see 1 to 2 secs of blank screen then the program returns.  Also the screen guide needs to show the station that's currently on at the very top not two (2) slots down.  We recently switched from DIRECTV to FIOS and are still on the fence as to do we keep FIOS or return to DIRECTV or wait for APPLE TV which is voice controlled not controlled by a remote. Very Interesting indeed.

by Moderator on ‎06-26-2012 02:49 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools