Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
remodb

Please add the channels beIN Sports 1 & 2 to FiOS

by remodb on ‎05-23-2012 10:21 AM

Fox Soccer Channel has lost the rights to broadcast football (soccer) games from top European leagues La Liga (Spain) and Serie A (Italy). Al Jazeera Sports Network has won the rights to broadcast those games for the 2012-2013 seasons onward. They will broadcast the games on their sports channels beIN Sports 1 and beIN Sports 2 which are currently not part of your FiOS channel lineup. 

Unless Verizon adds these channels to their FiOS lineup, Verizon customers in North America will be unable to see any games from La Liga and Serie A. The games won't be available online through legal channels either. This means that Verizon customers will have no access to games from such high profile teams such as Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan, etc. 

Please add beIN Sports 1 and beIN Sports 2 to the FiOS channel lineup. 

It's Here! I'm overjoyed and you will be too! beIN sports is here!

Here are some of the details from our FiOS TV team:

beIN SPORT HD and beIN SPORT en Español HD are available today to FiOS TV customers in Florida, Texas, California and the Pittsburgh area, and will continue to launch in other FiOS TV markets in the coming days and weeks. All FiOS TV customers will have access to both channels by mid-April.

FiOS TV customers will find beIN SPORT HD on channel 598 and beIN SPORT en Español HD on channel 1598. beIN SPORT HD is included in the Ultimate HD package and beIN SPORT en Español is included with La Conexion and the Spanish-language TV package.

Find out the rest of the details here.

Enjoy!

Comments
by on ‎07-19-2012 05:50 AM

Also here is the official twitter account for beINSport1:

https://twitter.com/beINSport1USA

by elanster14 on ‎07-19-2012 06:58 AM

YES YES YES. Without it, I'm switching. How about you guys?

by rmtyler on ‎07-19-2012 07:48 AM

agree completely.  Availability of soccer coverage on FIOS was a primary reason for signing up.   With GOL's content switching to BeIN, I'm likely to switch to a provider who follows.

by elanster14 on ‎07-19-2012 08:35 AM

Everybody call fios at this number and request the channel. It's the only way we'll get it

1-888-881-8161

by faz8218 on ‎07-19-2012 09:29 AM

My contract is up. And I love everything about Fios, but without this channel there is absolutely no way I can stay with Fios. This channel is essential.

by elanster14 on ‎07-19-2012 10:09 AM

Whoever gets beIN Sport USA will recieve a lot of new soccer-loving customers. Whoever doesn't will lose them.

by on ‎07-20-2012 07:15 AM
For all of you threatening to drop FiOS becuase of this, what providers are carrying this channel? Comcast is not, if you go to their message boards you get the same complaints from their customers as well.
by elanster14 on ‎07-20-2012 07:42 AM

I'm sure DirectTV and Dish will be getting it. I'm gonna switch if FiOS doesn't do something.

by borgesnyc on ‎07-21-2012 10:36 AM

This channel is a must have! Please make it happen.

-a

by Josam27o7 ‎07-22-2012 09:26 PM - edited ‎07-22-2012 09:30 PM

Make sure you guys add the HD CHANNELS. Don't make your customers live with only the standard def versions. Thank you.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools