• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
breigno

Stop telemarketing your own customers

by breigno on ‎11-18-2010 02:47 PM

I just got a robo-call from Verizon telling me about Flex View. My line was already put on Verizon's as well as the national do not call list over a year ago. These calls are very annoying and should be an opt-in option for those few (if any) people that want to be bothered with them.

Comments
by MVP dslr595148 MVP on ‎11-19-2010 11:44 AM

#1 Just commenting (Not to agree or disagree with you said).

From https://complaints.donotcall.gov/complaint/complaintcheck.aspx?panel=2

Companies with which you do business may also continue to call, unless you have asked them to stop calling you.

#2 I know that you posted that you do not calls from them.

a) Did you try calling them?

b) OR if they call you, did you tell them to stop calling?

c) OR did you write them a letter?

d) OR did you send an e-mail?

by Admin Emeritus on ‎11-19-2010 01:29 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by on ‎11-20-2010 07:18 AM

Go to MyVerizon and set your Profile Notifications. When logged onto MyVerizon go here.

http://www22.verizon.com/ForYourHome/MyAccount/Protected/Account/MyAccountProfile.aspx

What you want to set is this parameter.

Notify me exclusive broadband, TV and wireless updates, online offers,  cool freebies and more

OR contact Verizon Billing and tell them to adjust your account setting, that you do not wish to be contacted for promotions or any other advertizements. They may be able to set it for you.

Alsi if it is a company that you do bussiness with, they have a right to contact you for these items, unless you tell them not to do so. The Do Not Call Registry will do nothing for you here.

by zTAR on ‎11-22-2010 03:38 PM
I just received this same robocall, and I do not have "Notify me exclusive broadband, TV and wireless updates, online offers, cool freebies and more" checked in my profile. This was a spam call, pure and simple. I'm also weary of apologists for this kind of intrusive marketing claiming the company has "the right" to make such calls to me under the law. Just because the telemarketing law stupidly allowed "with a prior business relationship" exception doesn't mean that companies are right to avail themselves of it. Verizon not only used the most annoying method possible (robocalls) but did not provide a way to make the calls stop. There is no opt out choice on the call, nor anyway to talk to a real person to be sure that I'm removed from this abuse. This is boneheaded and borderline illegal.
by NoNuisanceCalls on ‎04-06-2011 05:47 PM

This evening I got a phone call from Verizon - a recorded call - to advertise Verizon services. I listened to the message in hopes there would be an "opt out" from future nuisance calls like this. I have since been on the phone with Verizon - listening to terrible music - and finally I was transferred to the National Do Not Call List. I am already on the National DNCL - obviously Verizon does not respect it.

So how do I get Verizon to stop Nuisance calls to my home? I do not pay for Verizon phone service to get nuisance calls.

by Mistaya on ‎04-24-2012 03:33 PM

We were talking last night about blocking constant repeat offenders in telemarketing in another thread. I also do not agree with the if you have done business with a company they have a right to call you. Robo calling is also illegal and I don't even agree that it is legal if they have an opt out button. Several companies have robo called me with the push 2 to opt out and all it did was connect me with the scrounge they hire since they have no manners and just slam the phone on you when you told them you were only opting out and instead got connected. I am on the do not call list and most of these companies hire a telemarketing company to do the calls for them. I didn't do business with the telemarketing co. so why the calls. "Do Not Call List" should be don't call and be respected.

by bigdaddy2002 on ‎09-20-2012 03:16 PM

I do not need telemarketers calling me offering the wonder of Fios when I have had Fios for years.

I do not need telemarketers ringing my phone every night at dinner time for MONTHS!

This is a 1980's way of marketing. Cease and Desist!

by AntiGreen on ‎09-22-2012 02:02 AM

I agree with you. But these telemarketers seem to disregard the Do Not Call list. Don't you think it's about time the government come up with a law effective ENOUGH to stop all these unsolicted calls? 

by AntiGreen ‎09-22-2012 02:05 AM - edited ‎09-22-2012 02:07 AM

And it's frustating that even after you say NO, these callers still call. And it's not only me. If you'd read the complaints posted at http://www.callercenter.com you'd realize how harassing and abusive these callers are now. 

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools