Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
ACABThomas

Give more context in error messages, and fix the "Invalid email address" problem in new mail UI

by ACABThomas on ‎11-29-2010 11:24 PM

I'm getting the error "Invalid e-mail address" when doing Reply To All and there are multiple recipients, or when trying to send to a group of just 6 or 7 people.  The e-mail addresses all look fine.

I found that if I save the e-mail as a draft, switch back to the old "Classic" e-mail view, then I can send it just fine with no errors.  So it appears to be a bug in the new e-mail UI.

Verizon - can you please confirm this is a bug in the new mail UI, and let us know when it will be fixed?

Also, please enhance the error message to say which address is invalid, rather than leaving us to guess which one - thanks.

Related thread here.

We added two levels of email address verifications: email address syntax check, email address existence check. The syntax check will be immediate and highlight the email address with the error. The second will in the form of an email. We also now allow email addresses in all Capital Letters.
Comments
by Admin Emeritus on ‎12-03-2010 01:50 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by ACABThomas on ‎01-01-2011 01:08 PM

FYI: I got a callback from Verizon support this week saying that the "Invalid email address" problem is a bug in the new e-mail UI.  If you have any CAPITAL letters in an e-mail address, it will cause this error.

He said this is supposed to be fixed in an update coming in January.

He did not mention if they will also fix the error message so that they actually tell you which address is causing the problem.

by Admin Emeritus on ‎03-07-2011 12:09 PM
Status changed to: In Progress
We added two levels of email address verifications: email address syntax check, email address existence check. The syntax check will be immediate and highlight the email address with the error. The second will in the form of an email. We also now allow email addresses in all Capital Letters.
by smthayer on ‎10-03-2011 09:45 AM

I sent out a group email and it comes back saying, Unknown email:  (blank).  It does not tell me which of the 150 email adresses is in valid.  Please help!

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools