Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
brennok76

Self install and online ordering for Cable Cards

by on ‎08-26-2010 09:49 PM

Even though this soon may be mandated, I figured I would suggest it. There really needs to be an option to order cable cards online along with a self install option. I already self install them when the installer shows up so why not save the truch roll. This would save the installers time and my time.

Comments
by Employee Emeritus on ‎08-27-2010 11:23 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by aaronwtfios on ‎09-28-2010 09:32 AM

If Verizon wanted to save money they would have done self installs a long time ago. Instead they waste the techs time by having them come out. The cards are not paired to the devices so all they need to do is preactivate them and ship them to the customer. I had eight single stream cards and now five multi stream cards on FIOS. All the tech did was enter the numbers that I read off to him. Since I knew exactly where the info was in my TiVos. Which the tech did not. That could have just as easily been done over the phone or as I said they could have easily been pre activated. instead FIOS would rather waste the techs time and the customers time needlessly.

Especially if there is a missed appointment. I've had my share of those during the three years I've had FiOS.

by on ‎09-30-2010 05:42 PM

Not to mention the reduction of Verizon's carbon foot print. How much carbon do the cablecard truck rolls add to the foot print?

by Admin Emeritus on ‎10-05-2010 08:09 AM
Status changed to: Under Review

by Employee on ‎10-06-2010 11:59 AM
Status changed to: Maybe Later
The current approach is less expensive due to the very low volume of CableCARD's. If we had more people ordering them, then it would make economic sense to enable self serve. When we see the volumes increase we will definitely implement this capability.
by Employee on ‎10-17-2010 04:44 AM
Status changed to: Accepted
9 months or less this will be available
by ‎10-17-2010 01:18 PM - edited ‎10-17-2010 01:19 PM

With the new FCC ruling if you provide STBs in the mail for installs, you must also provide cable cards this way. Ruling says all providers must comply within the next 12 months. I can look for the ruling but don't feel like searching for it.

by on ‎10-17-2010 06:44 PM

Joe is correct here prisaz. 9 months if they already allow some form of self-install and 12 months if they don't have any form of self-install.

by ‎10-18-2010 07:03 PM - edited ‎10-18-2010 07:03 PM

brennok76

10/4 on that. I was not saying that he was incorrect, but just pointing out the fact it has become a requirement. So it will happen, and it is not just something that is being said to make us feel good. Not that Joe would do that. So I was reinforcing his statement. Thank you for providing a bit more detail for everyone. I did not remember the 9 and 12 requirements.

Best Regards

prisaz

by powderkeg42 on ‎11-11-2010 01:17 PM

I would like to be able to tape a tv show and be able to email that show to a friend or family member who also has FIOS TV.  There are times when I catch a show (one that will not be repeated) and I want to share it with others.  This would allow me to send a link or a file to them and they are able to see it as well.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools