• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
firegeek

Better phone customer service- more accountability to your customers

by firegeek on ‎01-22-2011 06:41 PM

We just switched to FiOS.  We love the service but your customer service phone support is questioning our decision.  For example - tonight, our first bill came in, $ 201.43.  Well over $ 100.00 more then we expected.  I called customer service, billing.  I was put on hold for over 45 mintues before someone answered.  A man answered, confirmed my account information and asked if he could access my account.  I was polite and nice, I explained to him that I had numerous questions - I have been overbilled for services and did not understand why I was being billed extra.  The "customer service" rep. told me "We will one month in advance", he put me back on hold.  No explaination, no comments, nothing...currently I am still ON HOLD.  It has now been over 1 1/2 hours - that I have been on hold.

If customer service does not get better - I will end this service and go with timewarner cable or AT & T, timewarner cable customer service is by far more superior.

And to make matters worse, that "customer service" man - he gets away with it, who am I suppose to complain too?  I do not have his name nor will anyone pick up the phone to answer my questions !

Comments
by eliw on ‎08-22-2011 03:01 PM

Actually, this is not so much a new idea to most companies, but it appears to be a foreign concept to Verizon, so I thought that I would suggest it here. I went to the website because my order has been delayed to the strike. I can't find a phone number to call, I can't find a chat link that works, and the email link doesn't work either. World class! And, since the strike is over, can't I at least get some acknowledgment that my order is being rescheduled? Can't you have people working overtime now to help those that have waited? I am so sorry that I finally bit on the offer to get Fios TV. Maybe I should try the cable company - even their minimal standards have to be better than Verizon's.

by kathy1 on ‎08-24-2011 09:05 PM

Please give Verizon customers a way to talk with a real person when they cannot watch their tvs, again, because there is some unidentified problem that Verizon acknowledges and notices it plans to fix on the same day but, if recent experience serves, will take a week to fix.  It is very unsatisfying to be bumped off of your television because Verizon cannot provide FIOS as promised. Please consider having online chat available for FIOS customers when they are directed to contact Verizon using this method. 

by Admin Emeritus on ‎08-25-2011 03:57 PM
Status changed to: Already Exists
We have a number of online self help and contact tools available. For example, here's the direct link to Residential Support: http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp/.

Here are links with all means to contact Verizon: http://www22.verizon.com/content/ContactUs/. The Chat link will load after the page is fully loaded.

Finally, the Verizon Troubleshooter has a number of resources that allow you to try and fix your issue, if that's the way you'd like to go: http://www.verizon.com/repair. If you are having an issue with your Verizon service you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix, and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet service. With a few clicks of the mouse you can solve most problems quickly and easily.

You can also post any questions in the appropriate forums here, and a peer will try to help.
by thaddeus52 on ‎08-25-2011 04:31 PM

customer service??? lol bundling packages???lol verizon is a joke a slockhouse!!!! no one wants to help no one wants to give you to a spv or an id number they are terrible!!!!!! i will find a different provider that does not rape me every month and provides me with service when its needed. i know that this comment will fall on deaf ears because of the poor business ethics and procedures this company has displayed.. i would recomend to everyone who is tired of this companies busness practices and lack of  responsiblity to its customers to change providers . this one sucks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

by Thndrbolt on ‎08-25-2011 09:25 PM

Hmmm. I think the poster said "talk" to a real person, not "chat" with a real person.

by nj_danb on ‎08-29-2011 07:35 AM

After 55 minutes on the phone with Verizon, I was informed that I could not be helped because the customer service representative and his supervisor could not locate my account by 1) phone number, 2) name on the account, 3) billing address, or 4) billing contact phone number. I was asked to wait for a callback once they checked with billing to see if they could locate my account.

I propose implementing a Customer Service Excellence Program. Use performance metrics such as time on call (shorter = better), correlated with customer satisfaction surveys to determine your top and bottom performers in customer service. Top 10% of performers annually get rewarded with recognition and bonuses. Bottom 10% of performers annually get the axe.

I can nominate 2 customer service employees for inclusion in the latter category.

by Admin Emeritus on ‎08-30-2011 10:58 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by WillAnd on ‎03-03-2012 01:30 PM

I have been without FIOS Service for THREE DAYS and a Technician was to arrive today between 1 and 5 haven't heard from anyone yet. It appears Verizon is Hell Bent on securing more subscribers to increase their profit margin instead ensuring current customers have prompt repair service.

by nevergetbetter on ‎02-11-2013 06:39 PM

I

firegeek wrote:

We just switched to FiOS.  We love the service but your customer service phone support is questioning our decision.  For example - tonight, our first bill came in, $ 201.43.  Well over $ 100.00 more then we expected.  I called customer service, billing.  I was put on hold for over 45 mintues before someone answered.  A man answered, confirmed my account information and asked if he could access my account.  I was polite and nice, I explained to him that I had numerous questions - I have been overbilled for services and did not understand why I was being billed extra.  The "customer service" rep. told me "We will one month in advance", he put me back on hold.  No explaination, no comments, nothing...currently I am still ON HOLD.  It has now been over 1 1/2 hours - that I have been on hold.

If customer service does not get better - I will end this service and go with timewarner cable or AT & T, timewarner cable customer service is by far more superior.

And to make matters worse, that "customer service" man - he gets away with it, who am I suppose to complain too?  I do not have his name nor will anyone pick up the phone to answer my questions !

firegeek wrote:

always had  hard time with Verizon,one of the WORST And most Irresponsible company ever you can find,I am completely fed up with them. They are well Hungry for Money,Their customer service and Phone Answering system are the worst EVER, for you to talk to Verizon rep. You need to have at least ONE to TWO hour otherwise forget it don't even think about  it  to call Verizon. I am just tired off them but its all Monopoly that you got to have and nothing you can do about it. I had Account open for quite some time but I can not Pay Bill ONLINE...

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools