• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
fttp4me

Recommendations for You Auto-Record for the DVR

by fttp4me on ‎01-26-2011 04:27 PM

I could not find if this has already been suggested, but when I had a DirecTivo, if there was space available on the DVR and it didn't conflict with other recordings the DVR would automatically record shows that it would think I like based on my current series recordings.  It was a nice way of discovering new shows that fit the category of things I liked, in addition it was good for having something to watch as sometimes there wasn't anything compelling on at the time and I already viewed my recorded shows.  Also, I don't always want to spend $$ for On-Demand especially when I shell out $20 for a MRDVR. 

This is a very hard feature to get right. My experiences with brand X DVR's is that the auto records were rarely is ever something I wanted. I would do if we could make it really good... and not just based off historical recorded shows and keywords in their descriptions (e.g. if I record a movie with horses in it... I don't want westerns... which was what brand X does for me)
Comments
by Employee on ‎02-08-2011 10:11 AM
Status changed to: Maybe Later
This is a very hard feature to get right. My experiences with brand X DVR's is that the auto records were rarely is ever something I wanted. I would do if we could make it really good... and not just based off historical recorded shows and keywords in their descriptions (e.g. if I record a movie with horses in it... I don't want westerns... which was what brand X does for me)
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools