Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
sister2

Media Manager - Stop Recompressing Video (or whatever it's doing)

by sister2 on ‎09-02-2010 07:39 AM

I've experimented using Media Manager since it became available for useage for those with HD STBS.

I managed to get the video side of things working (- never could get it to find and play MP3s - not even the sample ones) however I've noticed that something is happening in the process that makes the videos look terrible where as when these very same videos are played using other devices, they look fine.

Media Manager is getting an entire redo... which should improve the picture quality
Comments
by Employee Emeritus on ‎09-03-2010 11:39 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by Hellstorm on ‎09-13-2010 09:11 AM

Agreed! If the Media Manager simply streamed content it would actually be useful.

by Admin Emeritus on ‎10-05-2010 08:39 AM
Status changed to: Under Review

by on ‎10-07-2010 09:35 AM

The media manager is utter garbage.  Why can't the set top box read files on my computer and play them instead of forcing the computer to transcode them on the fly?

by Employee on ‎10-11-2010 03:53 AM
Status changed to: In Progress
Media Manager is getting an entire redo... which should improve the picture quality
by sister2 on ‎10-11-2010 06:17 AM

Joe_Ambeault wrote:

Wonderful news - thank you ! :smileyvery-happy:

by gandjdavis on ‎10-29-2010 06:59 AM

When will the Media Manager upgrade be available? I just got verizon and love the service so far. I am excited about the ability to use media manager to watch the movies stored on my computer. However, I am really disappointed with the quality of the video. By the way, will the upgrade provide access to network drives?

Thanks. 

by AS-in-US on ‎02-10-2012 08:24 PM

These posts are from 2010 and Verizon promised an overhaul of the MM.
I used that software last year in Philadelphia and it worked bad. Streaming video from my PC, connected to the Fios modem, to my TV via the STB was really bad. The pictre quality horrible.

Then I moved to Harrisburg and got new equipment. New STB , new modem. Again I installed the newest version of the MM.
Guess what. It is still the same horrible picture quality as it was before.

I don't see that Verizon has a grip on that technology. It's not rocket science. Other SW can do that too.

If I can stream video in good quality from the internet to my PC, connected to my TV, Verizon should be able to stream it from my PC via the STB to the TV too.

by on ‎02-11-2012 02:34 AM

Not the first time I have heard something said that did not come true. It was not mentioned when, so it could always be soon. I would like to see a solution where the sottware was not required. Why not use what comes with windows. Like Windows Media Center to host the media. Although I realy o not like it either.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools