Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
TPETRI

Upgrade your terribly flawed software

by TPETRI on ‎02-15-2011 08:52 AM

Not a day goes by that I don't curse your DVR and Guide software for one reason or another.  I tried to make a list to give you but I just got angrier with every new entry and had to quit and go take my blood pressure medicine.  I can't believe that you don't care about your customers so I will give you the benefit of the doubt and believe that you just don't know any better.  Either case is very sad; no it's extremely aggravating to a paying customer.  Just to put your mind at ease, rest assured that I'm not talking about adding space-age features (yet).  My frustration and disappointment with your product is painfully  basic. 

For starters, it would be nice if the existing features worked as documented.  Many do not.  For instance, although my Series Recording Default is set to add new series to the top of the list, it only does so about half the time, putting it at the bottom the rest of the time.  Then there is the constant annoyance of having three levels of program information, each with more and/or different bits of information.  One with ALL the information would suffice nicely, thank you.  And lest we overlook that if you want that information about a program on the DVR Schedule to Record list, you can only get the Guide's first level and sometimes not even all of that!  Come on people, this is not rocket science (thankfully for the space program).  Don't you have any product developers with any common sense?

I will give you the benefit of the doubt (until I learn otherwise) and blame the content providers for some annoyances like program start and end times not synchronized with the system clock and erroneous program descriptions that force me to record all episodes because I can't trust the guide to tell me if I've seen this one.  If it were my product, though, I'd be putting some serious thinking power against those extremely annoying issues.  

Is there any forum where I can go to talk with product development people and open their eyes to just how terrible their software is?  I would be happy to compile an exhaustive list if I believed anyone would seriously respond to it.  Otherwise, I will have to remain an annoyed customer overpaying for an inadequate product and advising everyone I can to avoid buying it.

Tony Petri

This is the forum where you can talk to Product Managers. I am the exec that runs FiOS TV.

By definition software can always be improved.  There is no such thing as bug free software. You name the software... and I'll tell you its warts... even from the likes of Apple, Google, Tivo, Adobe, Microsoft....That's why we do 2 software updates a year.

IMG 1.9 delivers many improvements, especially to the DVR. You can set whatever guide data view you want to come up when you press info... The features in 1.9 came directly from customers...

Specific suggestions are way more productive in moving things forward.

Comments
by bodunk2k on ‎09-15-2011 05:56 PM

Why doesn't stretch SD actually stretch the SD on SD channels to fill my HD tv?  I have to live with these black boxes upper and lower on tv or black bars left and right on guide?  Really?  I have changed to all settings and nothing makes these black bars go away.  OK I get it - I HAVE to watch HD to actually get a full display on my HD tv.  Well guess what you don't have all channels available in HD.  I need this stretch to work a way it doesn't work I guess.  You know - actually doing something useful.  Can you fix it? Can we get guide 1.9.1?

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools