Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Joeg679

Future iPad/iPhone streaming app-Allow us to use away from home

by on ‎04-04-2011 07:03 PM

The Cablevision and Tie Warner apps that let you stream live tv must be used within the home network.  There is no point in using that app unless you are in the bathroom or outside.  Please develop an app that lets us use the app away from our home network. 

To be clear there will definitely be content that can only be watched in the home (business restriction)... but there will also be options that are available outside of the home... the ones trapped in the home will be less and less as we progress forward.
Comments
by stevesem on ‎10-22-2012 11:58 AM

I love me my Verizon FIOS - it beats out cable any day. Multiroom DVR, DVR storage that just never ends, great channels, solid service... I can go on - but if there's one thing I would just LOVE - is to be able to watch TV live - right from my tablet! The cable companies are making it standard practice - where are you guys on this!???

by fjvlt on ‎11-06-2012 03:13 PM

Please add the ability to watch FIOS TV on mobile devices. Optimum and DirecTV both offer the ability to watch TV on mobile devices like an iPad.

by mdshenoy on ‎12-14-2012 07:03 AM

Not all of your customers are Apple centric. When can we expect the Android version to come out ?

by alanz on ‎12-27-2012 08:37 AM

This ia a great idea for providing live fios tv for tablet devices. Oops i'm sorry. for Apple devices. Has anyone figured out not everyone buys and supports Apple. What is verizon dong for its customers for this service who Do Not own Apple devices. Maybe we should switch over to Cablevision to get this free app.

If you are going to roll out this program it should be for all devices.

by Medicfanic on ‎01-06-2013 10:31 AM

I was wondering if it would be possible, if it hasn't already been mentioned, for Verizon to create an app for both smart phones and tablets, of all kinds or at least for android and apple devices, that would allow live TV streaming that includes all channels an individual subscriber, such as myself, has on his/her subscription on their mobile device. Since many competitors, especially optimum online, have this feature. But instead of needing to be just in a home network, it would be great if you could still stream live TV on your mobile device outside of a home network. One last thing, it would be preferable if all channels came with HD streaming, either 720p or 1080p or both.

by Johnnyice on ‎02-03-2013 07:34 AM
I have a major problem with your app, being, you have to be home to use it. It makes absolutely no sense to me to have to be home. Why would I use my iPad to watch content when I have a 56 inch tv to watch my Verizon service. Being an ex Comcast customer I had an app from Comcast that let me access free Comcast content away from home. Now that's what having an app for a portable device is all about. I could watch hundreds of free movies and other content. I think you lag far behind Comcast in the app department. So how about it Verizon? How about making an app that will let us use our portable devices away from home!
by Djphill_2003 on ‎02-05-2013 08:46 PM
Why is the remote app limited to just being able to be accessed when connected to home wifi? I just transferred from Comcast and it could be controlled from anywhere as long as my phone had data service. This is a dumb inconvenience for customers and honestly a deal breaker that is pushing me back to Comcast.
by Weetee on ‎02-07-2013 01:39 PM
Why can't I access live tv via the fios app from a wifi connection other than my home network? There's no point logging in from my ipad if I can only watch at home where I can just watch the TV. Would you please allow us subscribers to actually watch live tv outside the range of our home network?
by Orly15 on ‎02-11-2013 07:30 PM
Hello ! I would really like if verizon make their app better if ya'll put all the channels on the live tv while using the tablet, also if ya'll make it possible to watch tv on the tablet anywhere not only in the house. Lastly, verizon need more hotspots like Optimum everywhere i go there is an Optimum hotspot & i could watch all channels on the Optimum app. Verizon need spanish channels in app live tv, thanks.
by MikeKern on ‎04-18-2013 06:38 AM

It's probably been suggested, but just had a tweet session with a rep who suggested I post here.

I'm looking for the ability to watch Live TV, like FIOS competitors.

"The Optimum App is now available for your laptop! Simply download the free Optimum App and watch live TV anywhere in your home. You can search and browse TV listings, schedule DVR recordings and more - all from the convenience of your laptop."

• Optimum App Features:
  • Watch live TV on your laptop anywhere in your home.
  • Search the channel guide and browse TV listings by day, time, genre and more.
  • Schedule recordings and manage your iO DVR.
Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools