Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
ljn

Expand call blocking and allow blocking of calls from an entire area code, or partial number.

by ljn on ‎04-13-2011 06:12 AM

We just recently changed our phone number to a new unpublished number.  Since most numbers are recycled, you are at the mercy of whomever or whatever have the previous owners' information.  The previous owner of this number had multiple bad debts and apparently gave it out to everyone, their landscapng company,  and their dog.

You are only allowed to block 10 specific phone numbers and you cannot block numbers that are "unavailable".  Here's what I would like to see...

1.  Allow more than 10 numbers in the list.  I managed to fill that up a week after I enabled it.

2.  Allow blocking based upon the caller ID and not only the number.  I get lots of calls from "UNAVAILABE" with phone number "UNAVAILABLE".  Trust me, I don't want to talk to them.  I'd like to block all calls from "MONTANA", "UTAH", and "TEXAS".  I don't know anyone there and I don't want to hire them to reduce my credit card rate.

3.  Allow blocking of area codes or partial numbers. I want to be able to enter "(978) 685-????" or "(406) *" and limit my annoyance from these places.

4. Allow call notification and call blocking at the same time.

Thanks for your suggestions. We had similar suggestions a few months ago and have added these to our list for possible enhancements in the future. I am confused about your #4 - allow call notification and call blocking at the same time. Could you expand on this please?
Comments
by oypay on ‎10-07-2012 04:14 AM

Well!  It is certainly refreshing to read about others with the same complaints!

Has it occurred to anyone that the increased blocking isn't implemented because the callers are paying Verizon for service also?

by lekru on ‎10-31-2012 09:12 AM

Please expand the quantity of numbers that we can block with Digital Voice.  My home phone can hold more than 10 numbers in its call-block memory!  Or, implement some kind of pattern matching so that we can use fewer entries in the list to block more numbers (e.g., an entire exchange or area code).  This is not rocket science!  Based on the "maybe later" response to this issue, I get the feeling that VZ is not interested in helping its paying customers to reduce the impact of the Do-Not-Call scofflaws who plague us on a daily basis.  If you (VZ) are unable to keep these lawbreakers from abusing your systems, at least give the customers a fighting chance. Please?  I'm getting really close to transferring my Verizon number to Google Voice - where it's easy to block spam calls.

by fedupjim on ‎12-14-2012 05:54 AM

I have received more than my share of unwanted phone calls since joining Verizon fios, paying for unlisted phone number and still receive numerous calls a day from telemarketers and IM tired of not being able to block them because there is a maximum of ten numbers that can be blocked! tried several times with no help from Verizon!!!!!!!!!!! Do something about this or going back to comcast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tired of the run around from Fios

by Firebird7478 on ‎12-19-2012 07:10 AM

Right now, we are limited to 10 phone numbers that we can block. Given the rate of telemarketers that call me on any given day, I have to remove a number in order to add another, only to find yet another telemarketer calling me. Verizon needs to at least double the maximum amount, or make it open ended with unlimited call blocking.

by ondaboat1 on ‎01-04-2013 05:18 PM

THE ONLY WAY TO GET ANY ACTION WITH VERIZON IS THROUGH YOUR SENATOR OR CONGRESSMAN.  IF THERE ARE ENOUGH OF US WHO BOMBARD THEM WITH COMPLAINT ABOUT THE FCC AND VERIZON, THEN AND ONLY THEN WILL SOMETHING BE DONE.

by on ‎01-09-2013 02:47 PM

There have been numerous requests to increase the number of caller id's we can block with no answer from Verizon. So hear is another option ------

Allow for a Generic call block 

ie (407)-800-****

This will help in stopping companies from using different extensions.

Thanks

PS In addition you still need to increase the number of calls we can block.

by on ‎01-09-2013 06:56 PM

Great idea!

by on ‎01-09-2013 11:15 PM

Yes, great idea.

And we defifnitely also need to be able to block more numbers.

I fear that no matter what we block, many of the worst offenders will find some way around it.  But the more we can reduce these calls, the better. 

by home32 on ‎01-13-2013 05:03 AM

This is crazy and it is driving me crazy. I get about 10 calls every hour, that is coming from my call log, no kidding. This just can't be coming from telemarketers. There is never anyone on the line. The calls come from normal people, who never made the calls and phones that have been disconnected. Calls come from all over the US. Why would these be coming from telemarketers and why would they call my number continuously. As said previoustly, we need an area code block with wildcards to block whole areas of the US. I also will be getting a costly blocker, before I go completely crazy. BTW this is a land line and this just started about a week ago. There is something more going on here than just telemarketers trying numbers. But what the heck is it?

by frandibern on ‎01-14-2013 08:05 PM

Currently, Verizon supports blocking of 10 phone numbers per telephone line.  There are many people who are breaking the law and sending robo calls to phone numbers on the National "Do Not Call" list.  My phone rings all day with junk calls.  These same people obtain multiple phone numbers.  Many different numbers will call with the same robo message.  Putting them on the Verizon blocked lists helps to cut down on the calls dramatically. It would be a HUGE benefit to expand the quantity of blocked phone numbers to 50 or more.  Optimum service currently allows for 30 blocked numbers per line.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools