Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Announcements
Kenboy

Do a "public beta" push of 1.9 immediately to anyone who asks for it.

by on ‎07-30-2011 12:24 PM

Enough with the constant delays and switches and holdups on who will get 1.9 when. DAC 9 was expected to be done last week, and now we're told it's not happening, maybe not for a month, likely for longer than that. Don't forget, we were originally supposed to be able to finally plug in our eSata drives last December. Now I'm starting to doubt we'll be able to do it before this December, let alone before the new fall season starts.

Solution: open up 1.9 to everyone who wants it, starting immediately. You have a small number of customers who care about these sorts of things, and we're all here; take our usernames, or we'll give you our account numbers, and you'll push the update out to the people who are the most upset about not having it, and who will be (and already are) your biggest evangelists.

What do you say, Verizon? Turn your biggest critics back into your biggest fans?

The deployments are timed and spread out in such a manner that we can support all the customer inquiries that come with a software upgrade (even in this post someone referenced calling support). Most of those inquiries are not about technical problems, but just questions about how things work and what's changed. The time between upgrades is a function of the support load returning to normal baseline before starting again in additional markets.
Comments
by on ‎07-30-2011 12:29 PM

Also, here's an idea: allow the use of quotation marks in the subject line of an idea!

by Silver Contributor III on ‎07-31-2011 11:51 AM

My understanding is they are not delaying because they want to, but there are issues with delivery. So how does this help?

by on ‎07-31-2011 06:33 PM

I'll admit I don't know very much about how it all works, but it would seem reasonably possible to me for a push to a few dozen people to work, but a mass push to thousands to not. They managed to get it out to the existing beta testers (and I think) to the slow spin folks, too, no?

by LetsBeRational on ‎08-01-2011 02:37 PM

I support this idea 100%.  I bought a 1TB Expander on the promise of more storage, and when it didn't work the Tech Support guy I spoke to had never heard of it and kept trying to tell me I meant a DVR.  Now, "customer support" tells me that I should find out what the problem is on my own.  JERKS!!!

by Employee on ‎08-01-2011 04:26 PM
Status changed to: Not Likely
The deployments are timed and spread out in such a manner that we can support all the customer inquiries that come with a software upgrade (even in this post someone referenced calling support). Most of those inquiries are not about technical problems, but just questions about how things work and what's changed. The time between upgrades is a function of the support load returning to normal baseline before starting again in additional markets.
by LetsBeRational on ‎08-02-2011 08:56 AM

I fully understand the need to be sure you're ready for it when you deploy new software/firmware.  What I do NOT understand is why you market the DVR Expander drives with no mention of the fact that they require Firmware release 1.9 to be deployed, when it isn't now and you can't say when it will be.  That strikes me as unethical at the very least, Joe Anbeault.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools