Customers With Disabilities
Cre8tive

The African Channel

by Cre8tive on ‎09-21-2011 06:44 AM

I would like to see the Africa channel added to your lineup in the very near future. I see every culture but the African channel. Why is that?

Comments
by Employee on ‎10-04-2011 12:42 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by emtm on ‎01-25-2012 10:00 PM

Please get the Africa Channel. I cannot switch service until verizon fios get the Africa Channel.

by Justsam on ‎08-03-2012 11:42 AM

PLEASE PLEASE get the Africa Channel. 

by man453 on ‎10-15-2012 10:29 PM

Please add the African Channel. Would reconsider Verizon for that..

by Irenequeen on ‎12-05-2012 03:44 PM

Please add the Africa Channel to your line up. There is a large number of Africans in the Washington DC metro area. Most of us go to your competitor Comcast and others because Verizon does not have the Africa Channel. Please let me know when you're going to have the Africa Channel otherwise we will be taking our business elsewhere. We have been waiting for far too long and you provide for other countries but not a whole continent?

by Sikaman on ‎06-29-2013 06:22 AM

Please add The African Channel to your line up in the Washington DC area.  You know there is a large African population in the DC Area and your competitor Comcast currently has it.  I've been  a loyal Verizon customer for many years. When my current contract ends and Verizon does not have the African Channel, I'll switch to Comcast.

by Kimmi on ‎07-26-2013 10:53 AM

I miss Jacob's Cross so very much. I've been miserable not being able to watch my favorite programming since I left Time Warner and switched to Verizon Fios. PLEASE ADD THE AFRICA CHANNEL TO THE FIOS LINEUP OF CHANEELS. Like one of the previous users noted there is representation of every race. I would hate to have to go back to Time Warner but if you leave me no choice, I guess I will. I hope to see an addition of The Africa Channel in the near future..

by jan on ‎10-11-2013 03:39 PM
 I just received the "Fios TV" booklet, and I cannot understand why, here in Northern New Jersey, we do not have access to an African channel, when there is a large African population residing here.  On page 16 of the booklet, there is Arabic to Vietnamese, but not one African category.  And that is not fair, given the fact that it is available on Comcast, Direct TV, and others.  So, I would like to suggest that it be an option for Fios/TV users, if they want to add it to their packet!  I, personally, would like to see Africa now, as it is; not as it was in the past.  The depictions of the past are a stark difference of what we see now in the present, and moving forward into the future.  We would like our children to see that the continent of Africa is not a continent one should fear, but embrace; and to do that, they need to see positive images, as is the case with the rest of the world, outside of the bubble we live in.
by seydou on ‎11-10-2013 09:45 PM

Please add African channel in verizon fios in new jersey, philadelphia, new york because many african community grown.

by mperez20902 on ‎12-05-2013 04:22 PM

I like to listen to and download music from Africa.   I used to have xfinity & it was nice to see and hear many of the artists from the various countries.

I,too, am perplexed there are so many cultures represented on Fios, but an entire continent -  its countries, people, traditions and arts - is overlooked! I agree with Jan on ‎10-11-2013 03:39 PM; there has been much progress in the African countries, yet most Americans view anything south of Egypt as little more than mud huts and Masai warriors, with horrible people represented in Black Hawk Down and Hotel Rwanda.  I learned from the Africa Channel how much inspiration and hope there is, in these places that are being ignored by Fios.

Please add the Africa channel.

Idea Statuses
Have an Idea?
If you have a new idea to share, please search before posting. Many times someone else has already posted your idea and you can just vote there instead!

Shop FiOS

• FiOS Internet
  • FiOS TV
  • FiOS Digital Voice
  • FiOS Deals

Account & Services

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools