Re: Device limits on 5G Home Internet gateway
InBoise
Enthusiast - Level 2

Totally stable at my location. I have screwed that up when plugging anything other than an unmanaged ethernet switch (not a router) into the single ethernet port to extend the number of ports. When I plugged in my Asus router initially, it had access point settings and threw me, if not the hardware, into a confusing situation about what to do. The red light on the 5G gateway was on, then a blinking blue light (which I learned tries to use bluetooth for something). I pulled all connections and attached my computer to the gateway's ethernet port, then called Verizon, which pushed a reset to the cell tower that connects to me. Then I disconnected altogether -- no ethernet, no wifi, and factory reset my Asus router. Using its setup routine, I selected the Asus as a "repeater" of Verizon's SSID with the same password, and now all connections -- ethernet and wifi -- are working great. Verizon told me that if the blue light keeps blinking, let it happen  -- the time spent with that depends on the devices I use that depend on bluetooth for their own purposes.

Sorry if this is confusing, but that's what's working for me. Location of cell towers matters a lot, which could explain dropouts. But I'd give Verizon a call -- could be fixed.

I did call Verizon

Re: Device limits on 5G Home Internet gateway
InBoise
Enthusiast - Level 2

I forgot to mention that the Asus router connected as a repeater wirelessly -- I'm reluctant to reconnect it via ethernet.

0 Likes