Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Device limits on 5G Home Internet gateway

SOLVED
InBoise
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Device limits on 5G Home Internet gateway

Message 11 of 12
(301 Views)

Totally stable at my location. I have screwed that up when plugging anything other than an unmanaged ethernet switch (not a router) into the single ethernet port to extend the number of ports. When I plugged in my Asus router initially, it had access point settings and threw me, if not the hardware, into a confusing situation about what to do. The red light on the 5G gateway was on, then a blinking blue light (which I learned tries to use bluetooth for something). I pulled all connections and attached my computer to the gateway's ethernet port, then called Verizon, which pushed a reset to the cell tower that connects to me. Then I disconnected altogether -- no ethernet, no wifi, and factory reset my Asus router. Using its setup routine, I selected the Asus as a "repeater" of Verizon's SSID with the same password, and now all connections -- ethernet and wifi -- are working great. Verizon told me that if the blue light keeps blinking, let it happen  -- the time spent with that depends on the devices I use that depend on bluetooth for their own purposes.

Sorry if this is confusing, but that's what's working for me. Location of cell towers matters a lot, which could explain dropouts. But I'd give Verizon a call -- could be fixed.

I did call Verizon

InBoise
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Device limits on 5G Home Internet gateway

Message 12 of 12
(257 Views)

I forgot to mention that the Asus router connected as a repeater wirelessly -- I'm reluctant to reconnect it via ethernet.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title