Port Forward not working
Altra

Hello,

I hope that I'm in the correct categories. I'm using ARC-XCI55AX. I've been trying to port forward to arma 3 to no avail. My friend can't join nor see the server that I'm trying to host nor does canyouseeme.org see my port. I'm really lost right now, please help because this is driving me crazy.

Many Thanks,

Altra

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Port Forward not working
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ok.

On Windows go the security center. This might depend on which version of Windows you got there.

Since I am on Windows 10, I went to Start -> Settings -> Updates and Security -> Windows Security -> Firewall and Network Protection.

For the profile that is active, click on it. In my case that is private network.

For testing reasons only set the firewall to Off.

Re test the TCP ports. If not blocked by anything (exs the NAT router, any other firewall or even the ISP) the result will change to connection refused.

Once you are there:

#1 I would recommend the firewall back on.

#2 you are so close to allowing user from the net to connect to you.

All you need to do is to find out how to get the server into the listening state. Once the server is in the listening state, now users can connect to your server.

View solution in original post

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 At canyouseeme.org is the IPv4 Address that users from the net use to connect to you with.

#2 In your NAT router at Basic -> System -> System Status the Broadband IPv4 Address is the same as step one?

REF https://scache.vzw.com/dam/support/pdf/user_guide/verizon-internet-gateway-arc-xci55ax-user-guide-6-...

#3 What is the reason at canyouseeme.org given for the TCP port(s) not open:

a) Reason: Connection timed out

b) Reason: Connection refused

??

#4 At Advanced -> Security and Firewall -> General what is it set to?

#5 What software firewall is on your computer?

Altra

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

for #1, yes my friend connect using the IPv4 from canyouseeme.org

as for #2 It does use the show the same IPv4 as the one shown in canyouseeme.org

for #3 the reason given is connection timed out

#4 Both IPv4 and IPv6 security is set to low security

#5 as far as I'm aware I only have windows firewall

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ok.

On Windows go the security center. This might depend on which version of Windows you got there.

Since I am on Windows 10, I went to Start -> Settings -> Updates and Security -> Windows Security -> Firewall and Network Protection.

For the profile that is active, click on it. In my case that is private network.

For testing reasons only set the firewall to Off.

Re test the TCP ports. If not blocked by anything (exs the NAT router, any other firewall or even the ISP) the result will change to connection refused.

Once you are there:

#1 I would recommend the firewall back on.

#2 you are so close to allowing user from the net to connect to you.

All you need to do is to find out how to get the server into the listening state. Once the server is in the listening state, now users can connect to your server.