Alexa FioS Skill - Can't Discover STB
DaveP3
Enthusiast - Level 3

HELP!!  I just learned about the new Verizon FiOS skill for Amazon Echo Alexa, and wanted to try it.  I followed the instructions from the Verizon web site and can't get Alexa to discover any Verizon devices.  I tried holding down the D key several times, but I do not see the STB / DVR device displayed on the lower right corner of my TV screen per the instructions.  I then went into my devices from the D widget screen and selected my STB.   Alexa still couldn't discover it.  I tried holding down the D key while pointing at the STB box, selecting the D key then releasing it, and while holding down the OK key.   Alexa couldn't find the STB, no mattter how many times I hit the discover devices button on my Alexa phone app.  1 of 2 things is happening:

(1)  The Verizon directions are horrible, as I do not get the screen on my TV that is described in your web page, or (2)  The Verizon Alexa skill only supports certain newer STB or DVR boxes, and Verizon wants to force everyone to upgrade (and thereby pay a fee to Verizon).

Thanks,

Dave

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Alexa FioS Skill - Can't Discover STB
jonjones1
Legend
DaveP3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the link.  It appears that the Alexa Verizon FiOS skill doesn't work with my older DVR.  Didn't say this anywhere in the Verizon documentation that I could find. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@DavePwrote:

Thanks for the link.  It appears that the Alexa Verizon FiOS skill doesn't work with my older DVR.  Didn't say this anywhere in the Verizon documentation that I could find. 

Glad to have assisted. 😀

0 Likes