Re: Alexa setup does not work
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have a device on the same WiFi as echo with FiOS mobile app, does the remote feature work?

Could be a network issue.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

How do you know it’s a Fios issue? Maybe it is an Alexa issue.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_gt_echo?nodeId=201399130

0 Likes
larrygm

Yes . The Verizon Mobile App remote works fine

0 Likes
NJGamer

I had the same problem - followed the instructions for setup in the Alexa app and connected the FIOS box to the Echo.  When I gave commands to Alexa, there was a response like it was going to happen, and never did.  I called support and went through a bunch of restarting and reconnecting, tried a different Echo, connected to a different VMS, and nothing worked.  Finally, the tech sent a reset signal to my FIOS box and everything started to work!  Call in for the reset and you should be up and running.  

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can also try rebooting VMS or IPC as well.

0 Likes
Alexa won’t control fios
Menumaster

HI everyone.  I’ve enabled the Alexa skill, paired to the correct stb but even though Alexa responds to proper voice commands, the channels do not changed.  Spoken to customer services and they sent a reset signal to the stb, still not working.  Spoke to Amazon customer services, clueless too.  Found the voice troubleshooter on settings page of fios, ran it and came up with errors....any clue how to fix these, customer service hasn’t!image

0 Likes
Re: Alexa won’t control fios
wt219200

Same problem here. Setup worked fine. It discovered the device and its proper name. Ask Alexa to turn to a channel and she says she does and says what is airing on that channel accurately but the channel does not change on the TV. 

0 Likes
InnovativeBoost

Same exact thing happening here...Any fixes anyone?

Verizon, care to tune in with a resolution?

0 Likes
Cb5757

I am having the same problem with Alexa voice command stating she is changing the channel, but the channel doesn’t change.  Does anyone have any suggestions to correct this.  I have reset my box, but it doesn’t correct the problem

0 Likes
_gmoney_

Same problem here. Was working yesterday and now I’m having the same issues as reported by several of you (Echo responds but FiOS PVR does not respond to commands).  

Disabled/Renabeled Amazon Skill. 

Reset PVR. 

Reset Router. 

Reset Echo. 

Voice Control Troubleshooting shows no issues. 

Seeing how I'm not the only one to be having this issue in the last 24 hours could it be network related and out of our control?

0 Likes