Re: Alexa setup does not work
Eikookie

Resetting my fios box, unplugged it for 1 min.

0 Likes
Jwony89

Verizon fixed it! 😀

0 Likes
BehindTheWall

Connected, but does not work.  Equipment is VMS1100 and Echo.  Alexa announces the channel change and new program showing, but the TV stays right where it was.

i have enabled, disabled, deleted apps, reinstalled apps, took Alexa Echo off the 2g WiFi and put it on the 5g with the TV and FIOS box, all to no avail.

At one point, I told Alexa to change to CBS and she changed the input from FIOS to HDMI4 where our FireStick is. 

????

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Alexa can't control your TV inputs.

It may have connected to FireStick vs Fios.

Some commands may overlap between the two devices.

May want to make sure you are more specific to say something like

Alexa change to CBS on FIOS.

0 Likes
Bigditka

Looks like it's working now after not working for a few days.  To get it to work again I had to unplug the set top box and then re-link the Alexa device to the box. It's all good now. Great for searching but still faster to use the remote to change channels

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I agree with remote vs Alexa.

I have heard that issue with not changing channels or even being to connect have been fixed.
Anyone still having issues with either?

0 Likes
Rock79
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its working now for me now, last week it wasnt. I did nothing, no resets, nothing. I'm going to assume Verizon had to fix something on their end.

Gen 1 echo. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Connection issue was Verizon., not responding to channel changes was amazon.

0 Likes
noscda

i am having the same issue. alexa will find the devices, but the tv does not change the channel. fios is not overly helpful and maintains the router reset is the only way they know how to fix it. they want to send a tech out and i have been on the phone for over an hour. is this a solveable problem? i do not want to give up another few hours of my life if a tech is going to come out with no success. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try contacting amazon for assistance

0 Likes