FiOS Alexa voice command executes but nothing happens at the TV
iJoMun

So yesterday I set up my STB to work with Alexa. The setup was painless and voice command worked flawlessly. But today when I execute a command like: "Alexa, watch CNN" it seems to execute the command, says it's tuning in to CNN, knows what's being aired, but nothing happens at the TV. I removed the STB from the Alexa app and reconnected it but that didn't work. Any help would be appreciated . Thank you. 

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Alexa voice command executes but nothing happens at the TV
Cmsharp27

Anyone figure out why it seems to respond on the echo device, repeating the command you give it, but nothing happens on the TV?  I have the VMS1100 with the latest Quantum gateway.  After attempting without the DVR service, I had it added to the account and DVR functions are working.  Running the Alexa troubleshooter on the Fios STB still comes back with the same result, your gateway is not compatible, and port forwarding was unsuccessful.  Tried rebooting: VMS1100, quantum gateway, and ONT.  Also disabled/enabled skill and unlink/link devices.  No change. 

0 Likes
Re: Alexa setup does not work
h27paul

I did call in and they did restart and still no change. In fact they’ve done over 20 trouble shooting tips and they gave up and said “they have no idea” why it isn’t working 

0 Likes
Re: Alexa won’t control fios
h27paul

Yes mine is old too

0 Likes
Re: Alexa won’t control fios
Newbie2019

It appears that the voice control only works with Verizon routers. I  using my Nighthawk and the echo responded but the command did not flow to the STB. Anyone out there has a solution? Tks. 

0 Likes
Nickzel

I have multiple STB one is the DVR box. The app finds and registers all boxes but no matter what I do it only controls one STB. 

0 Likes
KennethPE1

I had the same problem and realized my Alexa was connected through my non-Verizon WiFi extender.    Blocked it from the extender and works fine now.  

0 Likes
h27paul

Yes but for no reason it seems to fix itself and now it has stopped working again all on its own. 

0 Likes
h27paul

I had all the same problems and then it resolved itself overnight. Now, for no reason after a few months has stopped working again. Tech support tries to help but never can. I think this is a Verizon issue that no trouble shooting will resolve. The one thing I’ve noticed is that if you remove poet cord for 30 seconds and then power up.... sometimes after 24 hours it works again

0 Likes