quick menu

Can Amazon Echo be setup to control my FIOS tv

Can Amazon Echo be setup to control my FIOS tv

Contributor crigefsky
Contributor
Message 1 of 5
(14,356 Views)

I just got an Amaazon Echo. Can it be setup to turn on, change channel, and volume on my FIOS

4 REPLIES 4
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 2 of 5
(14,340 Views)

I have a harmony hub that can control the tv, fios, av receiver etc.  It repalced a harmony remote that I had that controled everything.  I can say Alex turn on the TV, Alex tell harmony pause, Alex tell harmony increase volume, Alex tell harmony skip ahead (30 second skip on dvr)

I believe is can change channels too, but have not set that up yet.  The hub cost about $100 from Best Buy, and you will need a lot of set up work to define your equipment as well as the Harmony app amd the Echo Harmony skill enabled.

Gold Contributor II Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II
Message 3 of 5
(14,324 Views)

Logitech Harmony Hub is indeed the answer.  As the other poster mentions you can control number functions including switch to different inputs and channels (you have to setup favorites and then say things like "Alexa, turn on NBC".

Contributor Dede24
Contributor
Message 4 of 5
(1,548 Views)

Family room 

Moderator Moderator
Message 5 of 5
(1,538 Views)

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios