quick menu

Expanding the Alexa/FiOS connection

Expanding the Alexa/FiOS connection

Contributor kecward78
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(1,105 Views)

So far, so good.  I can get it to change channels and so everything else listed.

The obvious questions are:  Are there any plans to get it to work with the DVR (on the VMS1100 model, obviously)?  Will it ever work with Netflix (either the tv channel or thru the widgets?  And since this is an Amazon device, will it ever connect to a FireStick?

3 REPLIES 3
MVP CRobGauth MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4
(1,104 Views)

It can pause and resume.

Some talk of enhancements to come so time will tell. Verizon doesn't talk about functions to come.

As for fire stick integration, that is an amazon question. No relation to FiOS.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Contributor rbloomclu
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(898 Views)

Yes they don't talk about improvements they are working on but if there is a suggestion box, they can make this Alexa-Fios combination great instead of just "ok" by adding:

1. support for DVR functions

2. the ability to turn tv on/off. 

3. any other remotes on the verizon remote control would be a plus!!!

MVP CRobGauth MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4
(893 Views)

Not sure if these are the realm of Verizon or Amazon.

May want to reach out on skills page to comment on that.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios