Problems Conecting Amazon Echo Generation 2

Problems Conecting Amazon Echo Generation 2

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor Skeeter626
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(2,991 Views)

I choose the amazon choice in the list in wi-fi, Alexa lets me know I am connected and tells me to go back to the Alexa app to finish setup so I go back to the Alexa app and it won't proceed when I select the highlighted blue button to connect.

I am also no longer connected to my home wi-fi once I select the Amazon XXX from the wi-fi list.  It should not be this difficult.  Please help!!!

2 REPLIES
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 3
(2,982 Views)
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 3 of 3
(2,945 Views)

When setting up the Echo, it needs you to connect to the Wi-Fi network that the Echo generates in order to configure the device for your home network. It's intentional for your phone or tablet to temporarily be disconnected from your home network, since nearly all Wi-Fi devices can't hold connections to two different Wi-Fi networks witout a lot of fuss (not that you'd want to do this). This is only for as long as you're able to get back into the Amazon Alexa app, enter in your Wi-Fi credentials for the Alexa to connect, and click Connect.

Ignore any messages from your device about being unable to connect to the Internet while you're making the Wi-Fi connection to the Alexa. And, make sure your device if it's configured for "Smart Network Switch" or "Wi-FI Assist" has the feature disabled.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios