Administrator
Device: iPhone 6S/MiFi
Plan: Unlimited
Message 1 of 1
(1,666 Views)

Hand in Hand 2017

Event date:   9/12/2017

Call In Number: 800-258-6000

Event time frame:   Airing starts at 8 PM ET, with replays occurring at 8 PM Mountain and Pacific.

Celebrities and the community are coming together to help those affected by Hurricane Harvey and Irma during a live telethon Tuesday, September 12, 8:00-9:00 PM ET.

As one of the underwriting partners of the event, Verizon is donating $2.5 million to the telethon as well as orchestrating the more than 2,000 call center volunteers taking phone donations during the live telecast.

In addition to ensuring the donations can be accepted and processed through their call centers, viewers can also have the option to make a $25 donation to the Hand in Hand Hurricane Relief Fund by simply texting “GIVE” to 80077 on their mobile phones.

“As one of the largest communications providers in the world, Verizon is in a unique position with both the people and network that make all the difference in the recovery and rebuilding efforts,” said John Stratton, executive vice president and president of Global Operations at Verizon. "These devastating storms have impacted our customers, employees, families, neighbors and the communities where we live and work. That’s why we’re so committed to working alongside partners like the Hand in Hand event to help return a sense of normalcy to these areas.”

Hand in Hand will be available in the U.S. on ABC, Bravo, CBS, CMT, E!, FOX, HBO, MTV, MTV2, MTV Live, MTV Classic NBC and Oxygen in addition to live-streaming internationally via Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, AOL, Huffington Post and Yahoo starting at 8:00pm ET during the first broadcast and re-air 8:00-9:00 PM PT on the West Coast. 

Digital, text and phone donations will all be accepted. Phone lines will be open at the beginning of the broadcast and close one-hour after the broadcast ends. Text and digital donations will be accepted for several days after the broadcast.

Nilsa Fragoso
Community Manager

My Rewards+
Start earning points Enrolling in My Rewards+ is quick, free and easy

Refer A Friend
Refer friends to the Verizon Fios Family, and earn 10,000 My Rewards+ points
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Check Email
  • Add or Change Services
  • Suspend My Service
  • Manage Services
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios