How am I able to change my ip address?
Paddk

Hello,

On the customer support, the Virtual Agent told me that I am unable to swap my IP. But I am in need of an ip change, somebody has gotten a hold of my ip address, and has been ddosing my internet. I was unable to connect to several hours yesterday. Somebody had me click a link, and after my internet has been going down. Apparently, there is no live chat to speak with a live agent for Internet either. Please help.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: How am I able to change my ip address?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Actiontec MI424-WR - RELEASE DHCP
Click on MY NETWORK icon at the top.
Select NETWORK CONNECTIONS from the menu on the left.
Select BROADBAND CONNECTION (coax or ethernet) depending on your connection to the ONT.
Click SETTINGS
Click RELEASE
Click APPLY
Disconnect or turn off the router immediately to prevent it from re-requesting a DHCP lease.

You have to leave it disconnected for at LEAST 5 minutes to get a new ip address

Re: How am I able to change my ip address?
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

You could call tech support on the phone and ask them to change your IP.  Or you can take a few steps yourself that should get your router assigned a new IP:

1)  Sign into your Actiontec router's control page at 192.168.1.1  The default userid is admin.  If you haven't changed the password, the default is listed on the label on your router.

2)  Click on My Network > Network Connections > Full Status > Broadband Connection (Ethernet/Coax) > Settings.

3)  Click on DHCP Lease: Release and then immediately turn the router off with it's power switch or unplug it from the a/c outlet.

4)  Wait about 10 minutes and power the router back up.  When it's done booting you will probably have been assigned a new WAN IP address.   If that doesn't work, take the same steps but leave the router powered down longer, possibly overnight.

Good luck.