Internet speed slow or fails unreliable on mornings
Notserved

This has been an ongoing problem for two years. Slow speeds on mornings, sometimes for thirty minutes and sometimes for hours, and recovery after 10 AM.

Verizon has replaced all devices in the residence, ONT (twice), router (three times), and battery/power supply. The most recent ONT & Router replacment was Friday 12/20/13. All computers optimized by me in the past and by Verizon Technician on Friday.

The speed problem is not device dependent.

Wired PC and Xbox speed so slow email and web pages will not load and Xbox gold will not load.

Wireless devices suffer the same problem: Iphone, Android phone, Kindles, PC's, all the same problem when the problem exists.

FIOS TV guide usually works.

Download speed is usually slower than upload speed when the problem occurs, when the test does not time out,

{edited for privacy}

{edited for privacy}

The trust in the Verizon speed test is also questionable

{edited for privacy}

The Verizon chat person on Friday morning was helpful, and confirmed the problem with live use of my computer. The dispatched Technician confirmed some of the problems when he was on-site and changed the ONT and router.

The chat preson today was worthless. After twenty minutes of testing, until after the normal period of time the problem exists, they declared, "no problem exists."

Reading the posts about the OLT or server site problem missor the comments of two of the Technicians who have witnessed the problems and changed devices as the last hope. Both said the problem was software or hardward at the Verizopn server location, or fiber problems between the server location and residence (although both said the fiber is good or bad, and the unreliabiltty is probably at the server location).

Since my experience with Verizon today was so disappointing I am seeking their help here.

What is the next step to get Verizon to fix the problem?

Ed

0 Likes
Re: Internet speed slow or fails unreliable on mornings
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Notserved,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Internet speed slow or fails unreliable on mornings
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Notserved,

It seems your issue might of resolved itself, based on you no longer responding in your private support case. We have closed the private thread out. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need our help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes