Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Busy Signal w/ new battery backup after Hurricane Sandy

davegior
Contributor
Contributor

Busy Signal w/ new battery backup after Hurricane Sandy

Message 1 of 2
(1,769 Views)

After losing power due to hurricane Sandy and the backup battery for emergency calls depleted I replaced my battery w/ a new one and powered my router w/ a UPS. I was able to get internet but the land line phone only had a busy signal.

We need to contact family members to see if they were okay and that we were safe. Couldn't email them because they had no power as well.

Verizon cell phone towers were down so we couldn't use our cell phones.

Stranded on Staten Island with not communications. Thank god we didn't need 911. Verizon needs to upgrade for emergencies.

1 REPLY 1
Smith6612
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Busy Signal w/ new battery backup after Hurricane Sandy

Message 2 of 2
(1,685 Views)

Well, on the bright side now that the storm pretty much trashed the network, Verizon now has incentive to protect their network a bit more from massive storms like Sandy. They probably have to upgrade it but they'll also not want their expensive equipment getting destroyed like that if that happened.

If you can, stop by Verizon's Live Chat service as you have Internet or use Google Voice via GMail to call Verizon if you have a decent microphone on your computer and report some trouble. If rebooting your ONT does not help, Verizon may need to re-provision your service if your CO is online (which it is or should be, if Internet is working).

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title