quick menu

Information on Credit for Loss of Service due to Hurricane Sandy

Information on Credit for Loss of Service due to Hurricane Sandy

Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I
Message 1 of 8
(12,214 Views)

Hi All-

Verizon is offering credit to all those who lost services due to Hurricane Sandy as well as waiving fees associated with equipment replacements. In order to get credited, you must report an issue. If you haven't done so yet, you can do so by going to Verizon.com/repair and following the proper steps there.

In addition, Verizon Wireless will be crediting customers for voice and text overages for customers in New York and New Jersey counties affected by Hurricane Sandy. For additional information regarding wireless credits, please see http://t.co/yexyu10T

I hope that helps!

-Heather

7 REPLIES 7
Contributor casadelrob4
Contributor
Message 2 of 8
(12,192 Views)

Heather-

I'm trying to figure this out and I was unfortunatly unable to access that link you had sent me before with the troubleshooting ticket.

Are you saying that VErizon will NOW be crediting customers for DAYS they were WITHOUT power, presumably knowing that we would not know if there was any outage on Fios service if power was not on?

I will try once again to receive credit.

Thank you for your help.

Copper Contributor chipchristian
Copper Contributor
Message 3 of 8
(12,121 Views)

Same here!  Cannot use online system to report outage!

Contributor CR07
Contributor
Message 4 of 8
(12,093 Views)

Hi - I tried several times to enter an online repair ticket for my FIOS outage but the online system ends up giving me just a phone number where nobody picks up. Any advice on how to get my outage logged (and repaired), and the Credit for Loss of Service due to Sandy? Thanks

Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I
Message 5 of 8
(12,060 Views)

Hi All-

I'm sorry you're having troubles with the online form. I've talked to our support team and they said there aren't have been any issues with the site.  I hate to ask this, but could you try the link again: http://www.verizon.com/repair

If you're still having problems, please let me know.

casadelrob4- yes, that is my understanding- you should still be able receive a credit.

Thanks,

Heather

Contributor prme19
Contributor
Message 6 of 8
(11,631 Views)

how about PA? do we get credit too. we have outages here for two weeks now. i tried to report over the website but it just gave me a date when the service wil be back on but everyday they move it to the next day. up until today, i finally got through your verizon phone line and they aresending someone tomorrow. do i get a credit?you could tell if an area bas outages right?

Contributor agumby23
Contributor
Message 7 of 8
(11,625 Views)

Hi Heather-

I had trouble submitting my outage online, but believe it did finally go through.

We were without Fios because of a power outage for six days. When our power was restored we continued to be without fios for an additional four days.  I reported the fios outage after our power was restored.  Is there something I need to do to get to credit for the full amount of time (including when we were without power)?  I just want to make sure we are getting the full credit amount we are entitled to.  

I am grateful for all the linemen/women and customer support people who have been helping everyone in the tri-state area.  I am lucky to have had minimal damage to my home and realize how hard those around me are working to bring everyone back to 100%. You are greatly appreciated! 

Employee Employee
Employee
Message 8 of 8
(10,972 Views)

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you.  Tonya C.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios