quick menu

Keep losing connection to DNS servers

Keep losing connection to DNS servers

Contributor bbannerman
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(10,473 Views)

I constantly lose connection to Verizon DNS servers from my home PC. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? My PC will work fine for 20 minutes and then the network connection in the taskbar will go yellow. When I run the network diagnostics it says there are no DNS servers available to service my request. Can I change the external DNS servers on my FIOS router or is this a hardware/ verizon issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Moderator Moderator
Message 2 of 4
(10,422 Views)
Contributor VBChamp
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(10,418 Views)

Try using Google Public DNS Servers 8.8.8.8 and/or 8.8.4.4

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

You can try Pinging the Google DNS Servers to insure you have Internet access and that you can reach them for address resolution.

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 4 of 4
(10,331 Views)

Are you basing the loss of DNS simply by that icon or are you also having problems with reaching (new) websites during that time? Verizon's DNS does get flaky from time to time and you are free to switch to them, but that little icon you're talking about also makes an HTTP request to Microsoft's servers. If it doesn't check back properly you'll get the exclamation mark.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios