quick menu

No FIOS. No TV, Internet or Phone

No FIOS. No TV, Internet or Phone

Contributor ibang1
Contributor
Message 1 of 5
(9,804 Views)

With the storm passed and power restored I called Verizon and to see if they could fix my FIOS.  A ticket has been created but I haven't heard a word.  The ticket states the problem will be commited by 5pm on 11/1/12.  Anyone even know what this even means?  I don't even know if anyone is coming out.

Should someone at Verizon be calling my cell phone?  My neigbors all seem to have their FIOS working except for mine.

I have tried to reboot the modem, removed and installed new battery to the ONT and tried to restart the ONT.  Nothing works.

All fiber runs to the homes in the neigborhood are underground.  I have rechecked all cable connections and even looked at the box outside.  I have power coming from the ONT but no X-Mas lights flashing in the box.  Just power is green.

My modem from Verizon states the coax cable is disconnected.  I can ping the router and other computers in my network.

Anyone have any ideas? 

4 REPLIES
Contributor ibang1
Contributor
Message 2 of 5
(9,786 Views)

I called Verizon again and I am glad I did.  I learned the ticket submitted was an outage alert and not a ticket for getting my problem fixed.  The problem would have gone for days if it weren't for me to call again.  No fun when wife was released from hospital and nothing to do in the house.

This time the issue is being looked at and a tech will be sent out tomorrow.  Rob (Verizon tech) states that a few homes are down within my pond.  Its the term he used.

They tried to remote in but could not read my box.  They are able to see my neighbors but not mine.  I'm guessing the box outside got fried when it poured rain.  My guess it may have shorted it self out.

Contributor GentleTyphoon
Contributor
Message 3 of 5
(9,781 Views)

I am having the same issues here in Brooklyn 11203, Here is what I know so far or what I have been told:

1)Lost everything before the storm on Monday at PM, when I called them they told me that something was wrong with my bbu (even though it showed green in the ont)

2)I called again and told them that I had a red video signal in the ont, I was then told that there was a problem in my area and that they would have it fixed by 5 (Wednesday).

3) A service technician Came out Wednesday, when I approached him he said he was waiting for help to repair one of the boxes in my area, his help never came and he drove off and never returned.

4)called again today and there is a new recording that indicates that Several Central offices have experienced flooding and they are working to repair it.

So...we have to wait and instead of sending useful information about this current issue my email box is full of ads about services I have no interest in.

Contributor
Message 4 of 5
(9,579 Views)

well it's 11/8 and still no service in my area, the lines is still down between 53rd and 56th. I have seen several verizon vehicles parked up in that area but none of the workers have approached the line.

Contributor
Message 5 of 5
(9,497 Views)

Well all my services were restored last night at around 8:00am.In my area they had to restring the whole section as the fiber was taken down by a rogue electrical wire that burnt everything.

I have to tip my hat to the hard working team over at verizon working 24/7 to get  our services back.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios