quick menu

No Fios Internet or TV guide but phone and TV work fine.

No Fios Internet or TV guide but phone and TV work fine.

Contributor barrewi
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(6,550 Views)

Hurricane Sandy knocked out FIOS for a day.  When it came back up, TV and Phone worked fine.  Internet and tv guide do not.  All lights are on and green on the router.  ONT lights are all ok, including the MoCa lights.  Verizon sent another router but that didn't help.  Have rebooted all set top boxes, routers and ONT.  Have connected router directly to ONT with no results.  All technicians I have spoken to are at a loss since all lights indicate that ONT and Router are working but they cannot ping router.  Have also hooked up different computer to router both wireless and hard wired with no results.  Our neighbors all have full FIOS service.  Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 2
(6,505 Views)

With a computer connected to the router you wish to use for FiOS service, visit http://192.168.1.1/ in your web browser, even if you think the Internet is still not working. If you can reach that page, it should prove that your connection to the router from the computer or device is good. Log in using the username of admin and the router's Serial number as the password, ignoring the extra characters your browser inserts as you type.

When you're at the main page, check to see if your router is holding an IP Address.

Also, which one of these lights appears on the router and is it green/flashing green: Coax WAN or Ethernet WAN? Is the Internet light lit green and/or flashing?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios