quick menu

No Lights on ONT Box

No Lights on ONT Box

Contributor RJR1980
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(8,587 Views)

I lost service in Hurricane Sandy and the service has since been restored to my area.  However my service is not working at all.

I've followed instructions to reset my ONT and it didn't resolve the problem.  I have a green light in the System Status field, and a red light to replace battery.  The other lights on the unit do not light up at all, the ones for Power, MoCA, Cable, etc.

Will the entire unit not work if the battery needs to be replaced?  I thought the battery was a failsafe measure for power outages. 

1 REPLY
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 2 of 2
(8,530 Views)

Some of the ONTs don't like working when the battery in the ONT dies. I don't know the specific model numbers that do this but you can try recharging the battery in the ONT (after unplugging the battery first!) to see if you can get it to power on with a full charge. It's a tradtional alarm system battery and chargers shouldn't be hard to find (local retailers may have one too). You may need to remove AC Power from the ONT without the battery being connected first. If you can't get it to power up, I'd get Verizon to come out to see what is going on. If they can reach the ONT they may just need to see what is wrong with it. Hopefully just needing reprovisioning.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios