quick menu

No Way to Report Down Wires

No Way to Report Down Wires

Contributor nealwol
Contributor
Message 1 of 15
(51,123 Views)

I have down FIOS wires in my yard.  I can't reach you by phone, and haven't found a way online to report the problem.  Suggestions?

14 REPLIES 14
Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I
Message 2 of 15
(51,118 Views)

I am sure the lines are jammed, worse than if it were just a plain Internet outage. You can read the information on this page. http://www22.verizon.com/support/residential/service_outage_information.htm?CMP=DMC-CVZ_ZZ_ZZ_Z_ZZ_N...

How do I report a downed telephone pole or telephone lines?

If you have a downed telephone line in your area, please report it to Verizon Repair at 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966). For your own safety do not touch or move the downed line as power lines can be confused with phone or cable connections.

Contributor nealwol
Contributor
Message 3 of 15
(51,108 Views)

Unfortunately, after several minutes of navigating the series of automated options I was disconnected.  Verizon must be inundated.  The online site should have a way to do this.

Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I
Message 4 of 15
(51,100 Views)

@nealwol wrote:

Unfortunately, after several minutes of navigating the series of automated options I was disconnected.  Verizon must be inundated.  The online site should have a way to do this.

UPDATE

Verizon does have a way to place a repair order online. It is found on the page provided by the first link below. It does appear that you are asked to troubleshoot the problem first. Well No Emergency Reporting. I think a down line is obvious. Contact the power company to make sure it does not have power, or so they can ID the wire. But always act as if it is a power cable.

Or here is a direct link. https://www22.verizon.com/foryourhome/vzrepair/vziha/requestrepair.aspx#repairrequest

It would be nice. To have this as a My Verizon Option. But with the size of this disaster, it is a little late. But I believe you have a Very Good Idea for the Ideas Exchange. Verizon employees do monitor these boards, but just like the Power Companies, and Emergency Services. I am surely Verizon is very busy. If it is a down pole or wire, you can contact your local power company and report it. Always consider the wire to have power. It is easy to confuse cable, FiOS, and power wires. A power company can also identify the wire for safety reasons.

Hurricane Sandy Information.

http://www22.verizon.com/support/residential/service_outage_information.htm?CMP=DMC-CVZ_ZZ_ZZ_Z_ZZ_N...

OR Direct Link to a list of power companies

http://www22.verizon.com/support/residential/service_outage_information.htm?CMP=DMC-CVZ_ZZ_ZZ_Z_ZZ_N...

Contributor HickoryPoint
Contributor
Message 5 of 15
(51,051 Views)

There also appears to be no way to report a potential problem, such as a tree supported by apparently still functioning Verizon lines without posting specific information on a public forum. 

I'd like to report a tree that is partially down currently supported largely by Verizon's lines (it was dead and not encroaching on the power lines higher than the tree). It's not a service problem YET, but it soon will be.

{Edited for privacy}

And Why doesn't Verizon protect it's lines from obviously encroaching trees like the power company does?  If done at the same time, it shouldn't be much more expensive.

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 6 of 15
(51,028 Views)

Hi HickoryPoint,

Thank you for participating in the community.

If you look at the reply above you, from prisaz, you will see that he has posted a link to report downed lines:  https://www22.verizon.com/foryourhome/vzrepair/vziha/requestrepair.aspx#repairrequest.

Take care and stay safe!

AnnieS

Contributor nealwol
Contributor
Message 7 of 15
(51,015 Views)

Thank you.  You'll notice that before you fill out a repair request, you need to state the nature of the problem.  I don't see any box marked "downed wire" or anything close.  I was able to get in touch with Verizon through twitter @verizonservice, and they also forwarded me a repair request that made you first choose a problem you weren't having in order to move forward.  I appreciate that Verizon has its hands full, and I have no intention of being a gadfly about this, but it strikes me as odd, to say the least.  But for those of you who responded with help, I really am appreciative, and want to thank you, and wish you the best in getting through the aftermath of the strom.

Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I
Message 8 of 15
(50,957 Views)

glad you got it resolved, i wonder if you can just hit contact us at the bottom of the page, and open a live chat.   they should be able to take that report.   wonder what the turn around time is with the storms.

Contributor paul1701
Contributor
Message 9 of 15
(50,877 Views)

links do not work or are ineffective -  a new repair order button does not work

Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Message 10 of 15
(50,875 Views)

Hello paul1701

The links are valid and active. Perhaps you could try one of the options here:

http://www.verizon.com/contactus

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios