quick menu

No Way to Report Down Wires

No Way to Report Down Wires

Contributor rjrms70
Contributor
Message 11 of 15
(10,837 Views)

I'm sorry Elizabeth but links are not valid.  There is no way to report downed wires.  Only existing

repair orders can be referenced.  Also, after 3 efforts to report my problem to a "voice" ....no answer

and over an hour wasted on hold.  I appreciate those that have offered help but nothing seems

to work.

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 12 of 15
(10,831 Views)

Hi rjrms70,

It looks like there is only a Live Chat button when there is an agent available to chat, according to the FAQ.

I just want to verify that you want to report a downed phone line.  If it is a power line that's down, you need to report it to the power company.

Thank you for your assistance!

AnnieS

Contributor nealwol
Contributor
Message 13 of 15
(10,789 Views)

My down wires were for FIOS service, not power.  A repairman came and fixed it - what I found effective was to tweet the problem to @verizonsupport.  I know it's ridiculous that that's what Verizon responds to, but the response was quick and effective.

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 14 of 15
(10,784 Views)

Hi nealwol,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to take care of your issue.  Thanks for letting us know.

AnnieS

Contributor SamDocks
Contributor
Message 15 of 15
(10,483 Views)

I have telephone wires down next to my house on NY State property.  The wires are Verizon wires, and there are downed trees hanging on there. This is a dangerous situation and need them removed.  I tried contacting Verizon numerous times but got the standard run around.

Can you help me get this taken care of? 

Daniel 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios