quick menu

Offer Hot Spot when normal service is out

Offer Hot Spot when normal service is out

Contributor ohSandy
Contributor
Message 1 of 8
(12,044 Views)

I and about 300 other people in my area have been without Internet and Phone since hurricane Sandy and I am mad that Verizon have not offered us a solution yet. Why do I have to steal internet from my neighbors when Verizon could turn the area into a Hot Spot?

7 REPLIES 7
Contributor bobbyjoanne
Contributor
Message 2 of 8
(12,013 Views)

Same here in Moonachie, Nj just run around no answers, no updates, hard to contact them on this website, the reps when u call say the same thing, you have an open ticket (yeah 3 weeks old and no updates) shame on Verizon for treating us this way.Storm or no storm, I was given the run around a few years ago whe my land line phone didn't work, took 5 days to repair and that was only one outage!! Terrible Man Frustrated

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 3 of 8
(11,953 Views)

If Verizon's cables are down due to the storm how will they provide a hotspot for service? I mean, they could set up an LTE connection or a Microwave connection but it won't be for anything but basic Internet service. Most Wireless APs are hooked directly into the plant your cable or Fiber service runs out of. It just has another connection. If a competitor is working that is an option, but I'm sure there are reasons why they won't go down that route.

Contributor ohSandy
Contributor
Message 4 of 8
(11,882 Views)

I will take basic internet service over NO SERVICE any day.Why can't they figure out a Mobile Hot Spot?

I just received my bill from them which I think is outrageous. You look at that bill and you see the charges for "dial tone", "internet service" etc and then tax on top of that I'm pretty sure the company know exactly what customers have not had these services so this makes me digusted with them that they didn't waive the bills. I think they are saying they will issue credit later (which I don't think is automatic) but I don't think they should be allowed to bill us at all for services not rendered. Why should we pay upfront for something we didn't recieve.

Does anyone know what the Public Advocate has to say about this?

Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I
Message 5 of 8
(11,822 Views)

Hi All-

I wanted to check in to see if everyone's services have been restored. If not, please let me know.

As for credits, please go here and click on the "Service Impacted by Hurricane Sandy? Click here>" button. There you'll be giving the information on how to request and receive a credit for time without service.

Thanks,
Heather

Contributor bobbyjoanne
Contributor
Message 6 of 8
(11,795 Views)

I'm not payingmy bill, have not had my land line copper phone for over a month, we should not have to be billed and then prove we didn't have phone service, geesshh, we talked to no less then 10 reps with no resolution the whole month, just got the run around and put off to someone else to deal with..terrible customer relations...except for Stacy and Mark who at least sent crews here to my town after 3 weeks...disgusted with Verizon overall.

Contributor ohSandy
Contributor
Message 7 of 8
(11,744 Views)

Nope. I still do not have land line or internet, even getting online to write this has taken a very frustrating hour - why can't you install a Mobile Hot Spot?

I got your bill, shame on you, and I have no intention of paying it. Why should I give you my money to begin with, why should I have to ask for the credit?.....I mailed back the bill to you. Not only should you not charge me I feel you should give me an extra month free for every month without. I have had to use mobile for expensive international calls as well as trying to run a business without internet - do you have any idea of the revenue lost because of lack of service. It seems to me you just don't care. 

Every communication I have from Verizon (which by the way is only some automated voice message once a week) keeps extending the date of when you expect to resolve the problem. First message said my services would be restored yesterday, second message said Dec 10th and the last message said Dec 16th. 

I am at the end of my tether and about to call it quits.

Employee Employee
Employee
Message 8 of 8
(11,395 Views)

OhSandy, Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios