quick menu

Still no Fios Service in Lower Manhattan

Still no Fios Service in Lower Manhattan

Contributor sdavie3
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(7,768 Views)

Just wondering if everyone in Lower Manhattan is still without Fios (both Internet and Television).  Our building ({edited for privacy} has had power for over three days now, but Fios is still not functional.  Do others in Lower Manhattan still have this problem?  If not, how can I get my service back up and running again?  My router looks fine (all lights are on, etc.), but again no signal has come through for either TV or internet.  I've tried calling 800-VERIZON, but have never been able to get through to a representative.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated - and yes I have tried to power on, power off trick to no avail.

Smiley Mad

3 REPLIES 3
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 4
(7,716 Views)

Does your building have a shared ONT or do you have an ONT in your apartment that you can physically check on and reboot if needed?

Contributor shellsteak
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(7,686 Views)

I am also in lower manhattan on exchange place. I've had power since Saturday but no TV or Internet. It's impossible to get any information. Anybody else having issues. 

Also, exactly how might I reboot my ONT?

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 4 of 4
(7,638 Views)

If you have your own ONT that you can reboot, find your battery backup unit. Unplug the battery backup unit from it's wall outlet, and then open up the battery backup unit so you can access the battery, and unplug one of the leads on the battery. Leave it unplugged for a minute, and then supply power to the ONT by re-connecting everything in the reverse order (Connect battery, plug in).

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios