quick menu

Video On Demand Error: "Currently, this feature is disabled...VOD_204". Please Help!!!!

Video On Demand Error: "Currently, this feature is disabled...VOD_204". Please Help!!!!

Contributor jleo19
Contributor

Hello,

Ever since Hurricane Sandy hit my neighborhood in Long Island (NY) I have been unable to access Video on Demand. Whenever I click the VOD button, I am prompted with the following error message:

"VOD Currently, this feature is disabled. Please contact Verizon at (888)553-1555. [VOD_204]."

I have recently tried calling Verizon Customer Support, however the wait time has been over an hour each time and I give up. I have also reset my Set-Top Box numerous times with no results. I have never had an issue accessing Video on Demand, and do not understand why there is now an issue. 

Could somebody please assist me with this problem as soon as possible, because I am becoming extremely frustrated.

Thank you,

John Leo

1 REPLY 1
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Is anyone who has FiOS nearby you able to reach the Video on Demand service? The servers in your Video Hub Office might be down from the storm. I myself haven't seen or checked for other reports, but you may want to try reaching Verizon in the afternoon or early morning hours. They should be less busy if you do need to reach them.

Call Billing when you do talk to them first to ensure Video on Demand is currently enabled for your TV Account, since they should have the power to disable or enable it (it's a free feature, some request it to be turned off). If they say it's enabled, have them send you to FiOS TV Tech Support to ensure you have the right equipment on your account and to re-push configs to each set top box. In-Home Agent if you have that software installed on your computer already may be helpful too, but be aware that the software does like to break, so if you don't already have it installed, don't install it.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios