quick menu

Where are the Verizon Crews?

Where are the Verizon Crews?

Contributor Sparkman123
Contributor
Message 1 of 6
(8,818 Views)

We lost power because of Sandy just like a lot of people had. Our power was restored 6 days later because the power company brought in help from other states.  We really appreciated their efforts to help their customers in any way possible!

We are not getting the same response from Verizon!  Where are the Verizon Lineman Crews!!!  We have been waiting 16 days now to get our FIOS services restored but all we ever get is the same response "we're doing the best we can".

Are you, Verizon?  Are you really doing all that you can?  We don't see large numbers of Verizon bucket trucks around here.

I guess they're out installing new cable for new customers instead of tacking care of their existing customers.

I have created at least 3 repair tickets so far only to have a tech show up at my house just to tell me that the lines are down about a 1/4 of a mile up the street (which is exactly what I told them on the phone).  For a communication company the one thing that you are severely lacking is communication!

I know this post is not going to make any difference to how soon my service is restored but I guess it helps to vent a little.

Why didn't you bring crews in as soon as possible to help us out???

One very disappointed customer.

5 REPLIES 5
Contributor BernBodes
Contributor
Message 2 of 6
(8,797 Views)

We have had the exact same problem! 2 weeks without verizon and they keep giving me a run around. Now they are saying 11/20!!! Are you kidding me? SHAME where were they when all the new poles went up?!?!?

Copper Contributor dwhite706
Copper Contributor
Message 3 of 6
(8,789 Views)

Same here.  Verizon Customer Service is horrible.  I hated Comcast, and now Verizon is right  up there with them. There has been nothing but the runaround since my first call after my service was restored by PSEG.  I never had to call them.  I received an email every day regarding the status of the power outage and estimate for repair.  PSEG was right on schedule.  Verizon on the other hand tells me every day twice a day that my services are going to be restored that day.  IM STILL WAITING!  Customer service is worse than useless. 

Contributor bobbyjoanne
Contributor
Message 4 of 6
(8,733 Views)

OMG I have been saying the same thing here in Moonachie, NJ, where are the crews?? have not seen any in over a week, feel like I'm getting the run around too, a Rep yelled at me when I said that and told me no sir.you are not getting the run around... ready to go to Time Warner Cable triple play had no probelm with my TV with them..I see PSE&G trucks and crews all over..no  Verizon at alll and they want me to believe my phone will be fixed soon..not buying it and very disapointed in Verizon during this terrible time we are having here in Moonachie and the State  been out  since Oct 31st 20102, it is now Nov. 16th!

Contributor bobbyjoanne
Contributor
Message 5 of 6
(8,693 Views)

well here it is the 18th tomorrow , 3 weeks after Sandy and still NO verizon land line, my cell phone company just called to say we are well over out monthly limit..$100.00 over to be exact..I want to be reumbursed by VERIZON for thier incompitence for my cell phone bill..horrible customer service and horrible response to this tragdey!! Shame on you Verizon, no answers, just the run around!!!!!!!!!!!! going to TWC!

Contributor bobbyjoanne
Contributor
Message 6 of 6
(8,692 Views)

Agreed..they lie, terrible customer service and slow as crap Smiley Tongue

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios