quick menu

Will I ever get my Fios Service Back; Ready to switch to Cablevision

Will I ever get my Fios Service Back; Ready to switch to Cablevision

Contributor dukebxr
Contributor
Message 1 of 23
(12,689 Views)

When will my Fios phone, internet and TV be restored.  I've called repair many times on keep getting the run around.  The wires need to be re strung that run pole to pole on my street.  It is plain as day.  Just drive up my street. Each time I call for an update they lie and tell me that I asked for my service to be restored at a future date.  I'm sure Verizon is lieing to cover themselves.  PLEASE HELP.  No service since 10/29 and it's now 11/11.  All my neighbors have been re-stored as they have Cablevision.  Sham on Verizon and it's shoddy customer service.  I'm about to call Cablevision and to dump my Verizon stock. 

22 REPLIES 22
Copper Contributor dwhite706
Copper Contributor
Message 2 of 23
(12,622 Views)

I'm in the same boat.  I have not had service since the 29th, and like you get the runaround from Verizon.  Every day it's a different story as to when my services (phone/internet/cable) are going to be restored.  There should have been a plan in place to restore services once power was restored in my neighborhood.  The lack of communication from Verizon to its customers in affected areas really bothers me.  I should not have to call to get updates. Verizon should be contacting me!  I have to use my VERIZON cell service for everything.  I don't have an unlimited talk or data plan - I am incurring additional expenses do to this extended outage.   I'm sorry, but your techs should be working 24/7 to get services restored.  The poor customer service reps, I am sure that I am only one of many that is calling on a daily basis with frustration

Employee Employee
Employee
Message 3 of 23
(12,594 Views)

We have repair crews working around the clock to restore services to our customers as quickly as possible. I will reach out to each of you in a private message to assist you further.

Thank you,

Contributor Sparkman123
Contributor
Message 4 of 23
(12,567 Views)

I can totally relate!!  We have been out since Sandy as well. We had power back in 6 days but still no FIOS!  They have sent Techs out three times now and they have all told me that the wires that are laying on the ground are the problem, DUH!

Then they put a couple of notes on the repair ticket then close the ticket and then we don't hear anything from them until I call again and ask them "what's going on?"

Unbelievably Bad Customer Service!!!

Contributor dukebxr
Contributor
Message 5 of 23
(12,555 Views)
I now have my service back but the tech did a temporary fix to get us going. The service is not as fast as before Sandy. The street still needs to be restrung. One little storm and we will be out of service. I spoke to the repair supervisor who told me that they will come back with the bucket trucks and re string the street. Unfortunately I do not believe anything I'm being told because I have been lied to before. God help this country.
Contributor BernBodes
Contributor
Message 6 of 23
(12,544 Views)

Would you please be so kind as to update me on the restoration in Huntington Station? Verizon had me running around buying new back up batteries and telling me it was my fault only to later find out it was because of the storm. Now because I do not have a landline I have no way to set my home alarm which is extremely unnerving. I have had to log 3 tickets now when all I am looking for is an honest answer and an honest estimate as to when they will restore my fios.

Copper Contributor
Message 7 of 23
(12,539 Views)
Why private messages. Is Verizon trying to hide the fact that there customer service and disaster preparedness was lacking after Sandy. You would never know there was any outages looking at the website. That reads business as usual. The website shows that I owe for a bill very clearly but makes no mention of the fact that I have had a disruption in service since 10/29/12. You are working to lose all of my business
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 8 of 23
(12,530 Views)

Hi dwhite70,

Customer Service often asks for replies in private because they may require your personal and/or confidential information, which is not allowed on the forums.

AnnieS

Copper Contributor
Message 9 of 23
(12,524 Views)

I'm sure you would give me the runaround like everyone one of the Verizon Customer Services Reps that I have been speaking with sometimes twice a day since my power was restored on 11/5, so at this point privacy is the least of my issues at this point.

Copper Contributor
Message 10 of 23
(12,497 Views)

I was told that the "computer shows" that my service was going to be restored by 1:10.  GUESS WHAT, I'M STILL WAITING.  THE 24/7 WORK TO RESTORE SERVICE IS NOT WORKING!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios