quick menu

Will I ever get my Fios Service Back; Ready to switch to Cablevision

Will I ever get my Fios Service Back; Ready to switch to Cablevision

Copper Contributor dwhite706
Copper Contributor
Message 11 of 23
(10,524 Views)

VZ online says that a ticket was opended 11/12.  THAT IS NOT TRUE.  I CALLED ON THE 5TH TO OPEN A TICKET. AN APPOINTMENT WAS SET UP.  I WASTED MY DAY ON THE 9TH WAITING FOR A TECH TO SPEND 30 SECONDS TO COME TO MY HOUSE, LOOK AT MY BOX AND TELL ME THAT "HE HAS TO DO THAT" BUT I DO KNOW THAT LINES ARE DOWN AND THAT I WON'T GET SERVICE UNTIL THOSE LINES ARE FIXED. THAT TICKET WAS CLOSED WITH NO RESOLUTION.  I HAVE CALLED EVERY DAY SINCE THEN SOMETIMES TWICE A DAY WITH THE SAME ANSWERS OVER AND OVER AGAIN, THAT MY SERVICE WILL BE RESTORED THAT DAY AT 1:10 OR 9:10 OR SO AND IT IS STILL NOT FIXED.  VERIZON SUCKS, I AM GOING TO FILE A FORMAL COMPLAINT WITH THE AGENCY THAT GOVERNS UTILITIES

Contributor Rubinjc
Contributor
Message 12 of 23
(10,498 Views)
I set up repair appointment last Friday to repair downed fiber line between street and house. Had to wait from 8am to pm. No one showed!! I called and was told that it was an area problem, will be fixed by 5pm tomorrow!

The area has fios working and did all through the storm! Mine is out due to aforementioned downed cable. Congrats verizon! Cablevision has been trying to get me back, they just did!
Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Message 13 of 23
(10,496 Views)

Has it been repaired yet?

Contributor Stevesm
Contributor
Message 14 of 23
(10,488 Views)

I've been waiting over a week for my service to get back to normal. Nothing yet, not even an estimated time for repair. Verizon is now rivaling LIPA for the length of time I've been without service and lack of response. 

Copper Contributor
Message 15 of 23
(10,488 Views)

SERVICE OUT SINCE SANDY - VZ GIVES A DATE FOR RESTORATION. I'VE BEEN TOLD EVERYDAY SINCE SATURDAY, 11/10 THAT MY SERVICE IS GOING TO BE RESTORED THAT DAY. DEPENDING ON WHEN I CALL IT IS EITHER BEING RESTORED AT 1:10 PM OR 9:10 PM. IM STILL WAITING. I HAVE BEEN WITHOUT SERVICE SINCE 10/29. I KNOW THE PROBLEM IS DOWNED LINES AND HUBS. IVE KNOW THAT SINCE 10/29. I CAN WALK THROUGH MY NEIGHBORHOOD AND SEE THE PROBLEM WITHOUT HAVING TO CALL VZ. MY IS THAT IF IT TAKES THIS LONG TO RE-STRING CABLE, THEN THEIR IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH VERIZON DISASTER RECOVERY PLAN AND PROCESS TO HANDLE SERVICE ISSUES. I CALLED THIS MORNING AND WAS TOLD THAT MY SERVICE WOULD BE ON TODAY AT 1:10 PM ACCORDING TO THE COMPUTER. IT IS NOW 9:46 PM AND I AM STILL WITHOUT ANY OF THE SERVICES THAT I PAY FOR

Contributor egmcgann
Contributor
Message 16 of 23
(10,480 Views)

Same problem in Summit, NJ.  Answers are the same from people manning call centers that are not even in the area.  Reading a computer screen that claims sometimes "outage in the area has been fixed" even though we all see the lines broken on the ground.  Need a central post-Sandy # to call rather than the call center lines "Happy to fix that problem for you".

Contributor Rubinjc
Contributor
Message 17 of 23
(10,449 Views)
No. I sat and waited from 8-5 as the rep indicated. When no one showed by 415, I called to see if anyone was going to show. Was told now the issue is area-wide and I don't need to be home! More **bleep**...
Copper Contributor
Message 18 of 23
(10,433 Views)
I've filed a formal complaint with the board of public utilities. This needs to be documented appropriately. Maybe if VZ logs enough complaints, they will actually do something to improve their management. customer service and construction areas so that we all don't have to go through this again with them. My neighbors who have Comcast or satellite service have no issues. I have to watch their television through the window as I walk by with my dog :-(
Copper Contributor
Message 19 of 23
(10,432 Views)
NO!!!!!!!
Copper Contributor
Message 20 of 23
(10,424 Views)

I did the same thing on 11/5, thinking that since VZ made an appointment with me, that maybe my house miraculously was not going to be affected by the downed wires in the street....  Silly me.  The tech finally shows up at 4:30 only to tell me after 30 seconds in my house that the problem was outage due to downed wiring....... VZ could have told me that over the phone without wasteing my day.  It's a week later and nothing has changed.  Oh I take that back, one thing has changed.  My issue has been escalated and moved of the this board to be handled privately......

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios