quick menu

still no fios internet and tv after hurricane sandy, power already restored since last week

still no fios internet and tv after hurricane sandy, power already restored since last week

Contributor prme19
Contributor

we lost our power last 10/29/12 (monday) due to hurricane sandy. power was restored last 11/3/12 (saturday).  tried calling verizon (placed on hold for hours at a time) and tried to request repair over website (but could not get through to report the problem). It has alreacy been a week without any fios internet and tv. very frustrating. i know that the hurricane was terrible but the customer service was worse. if anyone here could help me with my problem, please help.thank you. maybe there is a way i could do it manually?

5 REPLIES
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 2 of 6
(9,009 Views)

If you have any neighbors with FiOS whose services are working, and your fiber line outside doesn't look to be damaged we can see what we can do. To start, check to see if your ONT is powered. See if the Battery Backup unit is powered, and if the "Replace Battery" light is lit up. To check to see if the ONT has power, you will need to open up the Customer Access portion of it using a standard screwdriver. You shouldn't need to open up the Technicina/Telco access portion of it.

If the ONT has power, note down what lights are lit up (along with color) and what they are doing. That would help us point down what could be going on.

Contributor prme19
Contributor

replace battery is lit red while the white box with "psu" on it is lit green. i tried unplugging it and plugging in a lamp to see if it is working. and it did. so i plugged it back in but still no change. i thought it would recharge the battery it something. i thought the battery was only for phone. hiw come it needs a battery when it already has power?

Contributor prme19
Contributor

by the way, i dont see any other lights other than the two i mentioned

Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Alrighty. It sounds like this may be a case of a blown Battery Backup Unit. It doesn't make sense to me that some ONTs will not work without some sort of battery charge even with electrical power, but it's been seen in some cases with some older ONTs. You'll need a tech dispatched.

Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I

prme19- I wanted to see if things are back in working order?

Thanks,
Heather

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios