Transferring DVR Recordings to DVD or Computer
RR_NR

I am getting a new DVR box from FIOS but want to save a couple of progams that are on the old unit. Does anyone know how to transfer programs from teh DVR to another format? (DVD, computer, etc.)

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Transferring DVR Recordings to DVD or Computer
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Some shows can be transferred via the firewire port on the DVR dependent on the copy flag.  Requires real time playback of the show to be transferred.

The only other way is by playing back the recording in real time while either recording on a DVD recorder or a video capture system. There is no direct transfer method - thank the MPAA paranoia and the restrictions .

0 Likes
Re: Transferring DVR Recordings to DVD or Computer
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@RR_NR wrote:

I ... want to save a couple of progams that are on the old unit. Does anyone know how to transfer programs from teh DVR to another format? (DVD, computer, etc.)

As mentioned by "keyboards" you can transfer in real time (i.e., by playback and simultaneous recording).  It may however depend on which DVR you are using.   I have a 7232 that allows an S-video and a coax output.  The S-video feeds a DVD recorder so I am able to play a program on the DVR and record it at the same time.  Aside from this method, there does not appear to be a method that allows transfers in a file-type format.

0 Likes