Re: How to Get the Fastest FiOS Speed
Stagent
Enthusiast - Level 2

yeah...did all that. this is what i get. And its kinda tiring to hear from verizon that its my home computer. Tested 2 nites ago around 9:30pm and got 882 on the download. Figured all my complaining got me somewhere. Now this 2 days later. Up until this week, i had at least been getting around 750 down consistently. This has been a running joke from the start. The caveat is "up to"...i get it. But this is ridiculous. This is a wired PC. 

0 Likes
williadw1955

Also.... if you are wireless, make sure your wireless connection is set to use the fastest wireless protocol available to you that also matches your router, not just the 1st one it grabs onto. This can be set in the wireless properties of your laptop or wireless device.

0 Likes
heywardjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Apple Broadband Tuner app is not supported anymore by Apple. The last few major OS updates take care of the settings this was changing so the Tuner is no longer applicable. Verizon needs to stop recommending this.

0 Likes
Anderson7
Contributor - Level 1

@williadw1955 wrote:

Also.... if you are wireless, make sure your wireless connection is set to use the fastest wireless protocol available to you that also matches your router, not just the 1st one it grabs onto. This can be set in the wireless properties of your laptop or wireless device.

And for us newbies, "how" do you do that in a windows 10 laptop or an android phone?

0 Likes
Re: How to Get the Fastest FiOS Speed Update 12/4/2017 802.11ac enabled to support speeds up to 1300
boxster1
i802.11ac enabled to support speeds up to 1300 Mbps wirelessly
0 Likes
Kittyfuzz1

I recently got the the Gigabit service. I tried eaverything to get the speed advertised. Using SpeedTestNet. I got this speed.  http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6898225606. A widows 10 Regisry tweak to prevent Widows from limiting Network bamdwidth.

0 Likes
Kittyfuzz1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile. Change theHex vale of NetworkThrottlingIndex to FFFFFFFF click OK, and restart the PC.

0 Likes
gg786
Enthusiast - Level 2

You just pay for nothing, Fios is as good as not having internet atleast couple of times in a month. Just because of monopoly in lot of areas, they don' provide good service at all.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes