1 Month old ONT and internet stop working.
amboysteve

Hello all,

Looking for some insight.  One month ago moved into a new apartment.  Tech had to replace existing ONT that was already there with a new one.  Everything worked fine up until about 2 days ago where internet stopped working.  Tried most trouble shooting.  Reset router, reboot ONT, check all connections.  The internet will stay on for maybe 3 minutes, then turn off for another 3 minutes and this happens consitantly.   When the internet drops after the short 3 minutes, the ONT fail light goes red, along with "VID".  Then the ONT resets itself, and all indicators will be green for a short period of time, then drop agian.  I cant seem to figure out why the sudden issue, especially when its a new ONT.

Verizon cant send a tec for 5 days..... which is very frustrating.

Any thoughts?  Thanks to all in advance.

EDIT: Might i add my FIOS TV is choppy...

Steve.

0 Likes
Re: 1 Month old ONT and internet stop working.
Capricorn1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That does sound like an ONT issue to me. I suppose it could be an issue with the fiber, but the ONT would be my first guess. That or the switching equipment in Verizon's office is having issues.

Have you tried running a line test on your ONT using the link http://vz.to/1NJhzjZ (That goes to Verizon, but I used bit.ly to shorten it.) That can so some basic troubleshooting and correction. Note: this did not work for me on my phone using Chrome or Firefox (error number 1023), but seemed to work using the Android native browser (which I thought was Chrome, but apparently not).

When you say you reset the ONT, do you mean powering it off and back on?

Anyone else in your neighborhood have FIOS? Are they having issues? (If they are, it might be trouble on the switching end in Verizon's local central office.

0 Likes
Re: 1 Month old ONT and internet stop working.
amboysteve

Yeah, went throught the auto troubleshooting steps.  Ive removed the battery ect.  No Change.  Havent asked any neighbors if they are having the same issue.  Now with no internet, and a choppy TV display.. its very annoying.  How something like this happens so suddenly is baffleing.  Along with the 5 day wait for a tec, and i get a one hour notice before they arrive..

0 Likes