quick menu

100 mbps--not

100 mbps--not

Contributor redgate
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(203 Views)

I am supposed to have ultrafast fios 100/100mbps but when I tested it on the site I had a download speed of 32 mbps and upload speed of 41 mbps.  I am using it through wifi which I understand will make it slower, but I have difficulty sending emails (like last night--15 tries) and this morning (5 tries before sending) which is ridiculous.  I feel like I'm in a third world country.  Is anyone else experiencing this kind of lousy service.  I've been a Verizon Fios customer for many years so this is a relatively recent problem.

3 REPLIES
Contributor Seegs108
Contributor
Message 2 of 4
(155 Views)

I had a similar issue and it turns out my router all of a sudden had an issue and wasn't able to provide the throughput needed to max out my 100/100 connection. I bought a new router and the issue was completely resolved. This was with a wired ethernet connection. Unless you have a half way decent wireless router (think $100+ router) you shouldn't expect to see full 100/100 speeds over wireless. 

Contributor redgate
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(141 Views)

OK thanks--it is the complete inability to even send an email (text only!) from time to time at certain times of the day which really gets me.  I sometimes have to try several times...

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor I Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I
Message 4 of 4
(132 Views)

When you run speed test, you must test to Verizon server.

Speeds are only guarantees of access to Verizon network.

Using  a wired connection, go to speed test.Verizon.net

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
My Fios App

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios