11 Phone Calls and 2 missed installation appointments later and I'm being denied service??
JonathanGeb

So since I have placed my order, I have been on the phone with 11 different workers, each time being put on a 30min hold and having to retell my story to get different answers(most of the time being told outright -sorry, we no do that so no service- because they simply haven't encountered my scenario(i'm assuming?).

I rent a basement in a townhouse and the people I rent from have verizon. Thus I'd be the second person in the household to be getting verizon and I would require my own ONT. 

From the scattered information i'm being given everyday(literally everyday), my account has been sent to the engineering department but somehow, the engineering department doesn't have a phone number or any means of contact even for the representatives that are trying to help me. As such, my install date has been changed 3 times and each time I'm waiting at home to see If someone will show up. The representatives tell me each time "it should be ready by your install date so wait till that day".  

Today, was my next installation date and I called at 8 am and low and behold, I'm told they will not come but ALSO that the reason its taking so long is because FIOS isn't offered in my area. That's particularly odd especially since the people upstairs have FIOS. I was told I'd get a call back in 30min with a full explanation, which i'll probably get this evening and I was offered to reschedule for July 10th. When asked if it would be guarenteed I'd get my installation, I was told I would essentially find out on the 10th if I got installation or not.

If anyone has gone through what I have, is there anyone that had the information to move you along through the process? I've spoken with dispatch, customer relations, customer service and truly no one really has a clue except the first person I spoke with but I can't get in touch with her again. 

Best regards,

An unsatisfied "customer" with no service

0 Likes
Re: 11 Phone Calls and 2 missed installation appointments later and I'm being denied service??
jonjones1
Legend

@JonathanGeb wrote:

So since I have placed my order, I have been on the phone with 11 different workers, each time being put on a 30min hold and having to retell my story to get different answers(most of the time being told outright -sorry, we no do that so no service- because they simply haven't encountered my scenario(i'm assuming?).

I rent a basement in a townhouse and the people I rent from have verizon. Thus I'd be the second person in the household to be getting verizon and I would require my own ONT. 

From the scattered information i'm being given everyday(literally everyday), my account has been sent to the engineering department but somehow, the engineering department doesn't have a phone number or any means of contact even for the representatives that are trying to help me. As such, my install date has been changed 3 times and each time I'm waiting at home to see If someone will show up. The representatives tell me each time "it should be ready by your install date so wait till that day".  

Today, was my next installation date and I called at 8 am and low and behold, I'm told they will not come but ALSO that the reason its taking so long is because FIOS isn't offered in my area. That's particularly odd especially since the people upstairs have FIOS. I was told I'd get a call back in 30min with a full explanation, which i'll probably get this evening and I was offered to reschedule for July 10th. When asked if it would be guarenteed I'd get my installation, I was told I would essentially find out on the 10th if I got installation or not.

If anyone has gone through what I have, is there anyone that had the information to move you along through the process? I've spoken with dispatch, customer relations, customer service and truly no one really has a clue except the first person I spoke with but I can't get in touch with her again. 

Best regards,

An unsatisfied "customer" with no service

I don't know what state you are in. However if in NY State go here.

http://www3.dps.ny.gov/W/PSCWeb.nsf/All/755C4F39A58C924C85257B2F0067FCA5?OpenDocument

You can also also call them on the phone to get action. (Only in New York State)

if not in NY most states have a Public Service/Public Utilities Commission or a State Attorney Generals Office that handles this types of service issues.

personally I have never encountered your situation. I know in multiple dwelling units they don't install 10,20,50, or 100 ONT's there is a way to make multiple connections.

but I am no engineer.

0 Likes
Re: 11 Phone Calls and 2 missed installation appointments later and I'm being denied service??
JonathanGeb

I live in VA. So I have to contact my Public Service/Public Utilities Commission? What would I say if I do get in contact with them? Would they not find it odd if I said I was following up on a pending verizon order?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@JonathanGeb wrote:

I live in VA. So I have to contact my Public Service/Public Utilities Commission? What would I say if I do get in contact with them? Would they not find it odd if I said I was following up on a pending verizon order?

No not at all.

they will have a direct connection to the Verizon people. Once you explain what the problem is they will contact Verizon and get executive escalation department to get in touch with you. I have used this method in the past and the lady I spoke with at Verizon was fantastic.

there is no reason not to go this route.

Good Luck

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi JonathanGeb,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes