2.4ghz not working
saby

this morning I found wifi is connecting to only 5ghz band. when I try to connect to the older version(2.4) an error message is showing. I have chromecast device which supports only 2.4ghz band. kindly help me to connect to 2.4 band.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 2.4ghz not working
jonjones1
Legend

@sabywrote:

this morning I found wifi is connecting to only 5ghz band. when I try to connect to the older version(2.4) an error message is showing. I have chromecast device which supports only 2.4ghz band. kindly help me to connect to 2.4 band.

Did you first unplug the router and wait a few minutes then plug it back in and wait for it to boot up? Secondly it could be a bad router, call 1-800-VERIZON and have them troubleshoot the router first, then if wonky send you a replacement.

you could also go into wireless settings on the router and change the SSID names for the 2.4 & 5 Ghz bands. See if you can connect to the 2.4 Ghz 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@sabywrote:

Did you first unplug the router and wait a few minutes then plug it back in and wait for it to boot up? Secondly it could be a bad router, call 1-800-VERIZON and have them troubleshoot the router first, then if wonky send you a replacement.

you could also go into wireless settings on the router and change the SSID names for the 2.4 & 5 Ghz bands. See if you can connect to the 2.4 Ghz 

0 Likes
Re: 2.4ghz not working 9-28-18
HJGIRO

The solution was to unplug the router and wait a few minutes then plug it back in and wait for it to boot up

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

That’s right......Exactly what I said as the solution.

0 Likes
Casio2
Enthusiast - Level 1

The 2.4GHz side of the router comes up for a while and the unexpectedly locks/becomes inaccessible.  I will stop using it but several wireless devices in the house only operate on the 2.4 frequency.  Powering off the whole router should only be the fix from a manufacturer that does not care.  Imagine if your car stops working on the road and they tell you to just turn it off and start again.  That is kind of dumb. Verizon should fix the defective hardware which did not come "free with purchase".

jonjones1
Legend

Verizon does not make the router. Greenwave does.

there are known issues with the Quantum router that no amount fiddling around with is going to fix.

the WiFi in these routers are internal antennas which are junk compared to a high end Netgear or Asus etc. simple solution is return the Verizon supplied router and purchase your own.

additionally on firmware updates it is best to restart the router after its done. It just refreshes and updates it. Many times when it should restart automatically it does not.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon warrants the routers. Call them and ask for a replacement. Whether you bought or rent, they will send you a new one.

0 Likes
Coreyboy1

You can’t set different  ssid’s for 2.4 and 5 on the new fios routers - so the plugs can never connect to 2.4 as the phone I am using auto connects to 5

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes