2 G3100 ROUTERS
aurajim1

I HAVE 2 G3100 ROUTERS AND A VERY BIG HOUSE AND HOME OFFICE . CAN I RUN THEM TOGETHER ON ONE NETWORK BUT KEEP THE WIFI SEPARATE TO KEEP THE OFFICE SIDE SEPARATE .I HAVE BOTH COAX AND CAT 6 WIRE

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 2 G3100 ROUTERS
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can bridge the router or double NAT the network. But either way, you cannot keep the WiFi entirely separate. You can have multiple wireless SSIDs in the house, but the devices on one G3100's WiFi can access the devices on another G3100's WiFi. You want to entirely separate the WiFi networks, like having WLAN VLANs?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can bridge the router or double NAT the network. But either way, you cannot keep the WiFi entirely separate. You can have multiple wireless SSIDs in the house, but the devices on one G3100's WiFi can access the devices on another G3100's WiFi. You want to entirely separate the WiFi networks, like having WLAN VLANs?

0 Likes
Winchester2

I have same requirements but having the multiple SSIDs accessible on both routers is OK. Can you provide set-up instructions?

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

For bridged wireless networks, no need to change the SSIDs as the smart devices can decide themselves which signal is stronger and hence to use that signal.

If you really want to change the SSID, go to Wireless Settings > Basic Security Settings > Change SSID.

My steps are based on G1100 router. Steps may differ, but no significantly, on G3100 router.

If you have more questions, I am happy to help.

0 Likes