2 PS3's connection problems/ How do I get open Nat on 2 PS3s.
Ejordan914

I am having problems with the connection on my ps3's. Me and my brother both have seperate ps3's. We play call of duty mw3 together. When we are both online and playing we have problems. We both are in the same party and we try to join games but we can never join any. When we are both online, One of the ps3's has an Open NAT and the other ps3 has a moderate NAT or a strict NAT. When only one of us is playing everything is fine.

I want to know how can I make both of them have Open NATs and how can I fix this problem I have. I have an extra router as well. Any help would be great. Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: 2 PS3's connection problems/ How do I get open Nat on 2 PS3s.
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Do This first, 

And then Do one of the two below.  

Keep in mind that your username should be admin and your password should be the serial number on the service sticker of your router.  That is located under the bar code, and it IS case sensitive.  

0 Likes
dvpena

help me out.. i have been trying to get my 2 ps3's to work at the same time online but one goes open nat the other is moderate. i tried what you posted already and it did not work.. sony says its bandwith a verizon agent said it was ip address. can u help me please. 

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

There has always been a problem with 2 ps3 trying to run at the same time.  Sony was suppose to be working on fixing it but don't know if they did.  the trouble is they are both seen as the same address, ie your ont's assigned address.  Getting open nat will not help.  The PS3 have no trouble using uPnP to open the ports they need.  Even turning your routers firewall will not help.

0 Likes
dvpena

so it is diffently a sony problem.. i firgured that. thanks 

0 Likes
boom4u
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got 3 PS 3's and have no issues now.... I have one PS 3 in DMZ and the other 2 with the psn ports forwarded. I have the ActionTec Gigabit Rev I   UPNP enabled, I got the correct ports from playstation.com in the knowledge center, I did have the issues your talking about, until I configured my router correctly, it is not a sony issue, but a network configuration issue on your end.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Are you perhaps using different PSN names on each machine.  It used to be that once you were logged in with one the others could not login and could not game with each other.  Never was a simple nat problem.

0 Likes
r2drum24

hey! ... i still have problems to connect to sony servers .... how or what did you do in the modem/router's fios ?

thanks

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

r2drum24,

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at: http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

@r2drum24 wrote:

hey! ... i still have problems to connect to sony servers .... how or what did you do in the modem/router's fios ?

thanks

0 Likes