2 Xboxes Workaround
JerseyPlayer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am convinced after many hours of tweaking and looking at wireshark captures, that the rev. F MI424WR Actiontec router does not support multiple gaming consoles.  Maybe a later model, but not mine.  However, I have been using a workaround that has been stable for a few days now. I installed a second router off of the actiontec and put it in the DMZ zone.  The second router has the firwall turned off allowing all traffic.  I am now able to have both Xboxes join together in the same party and with other friends parties.  I only connect Xboxes to this unsecured router.  I can see all traffic being directed/allowed to the DMZ zone.  I think this is the key for full functionally.

I was hoping to find out if anyone else is using this config and will it remain stable ?

0 Likes
Re: 2 Xboxes Workaround
Hubrisnxs
Legend

that should stay stable, but I was wondering if you tried the suggestions by XBOXGUY on the forums here?

0 Likes
Re: 2 Xboxes Workaround
JerseyPlayer
Enthusiast - Level 3

The XBOXGUY gets kudos from me for his tweaking efforts.  My problem is with two xboxes same router.  My workaround seems solid so far.  My wireless connection on the Actiontec is sub-par, but the second router works well.  It is unsecured though.   I think my configuration needs the consoles to have open access.  All inbound traffic is accepted by the game consoles.  This allows TCP/UDP ports to be opened up correctly.  The consoles are not fighting for the same port numbers. 

0 Likes